Is this PVC?

Can anyone tell me if this grey piping is PVC material, and if so, is it approved for use in plumbing DWV? I don’t believe it is.

IMG_0470.JPG

Looks quite black in the picture…could it be ABS…that stuff is black up here.

Resembles electrical conduit to me. Whatever it is, it looks like its flowing uphill and I see water on the bottom of the p-trap. Refer it to a plumber and wipe the sweat off your forehead!

PVC comes in a variety of colors, including dark gray.

It’s definitely not ABS. It is dark gray, and I thought it was electrical conduit also, but was not sure. I will refer to plumber. And yes Joe, it is back pitched and there was a leak at the sink tail piece. Thanks for the input guys.

It’s PVC Schedule 80, which is pressure pipe and not suitable for a drainage (DWV) system (sharp bend compared to sweeping bend for drainage). It looks like it also reduces down at the Fernco fitting??? Which is also a no-no.
The whole contraption needs repiped by a real plumber, not Uncle Ralph after a six-pack of Blatz.

I’m thinking that is a dishwasher drain which is increased, not reduced but I agree, that doesn’t look like any plumbing pipe ell to me.

IF it is a DW drain, it’s under pressure, not a gravity drain so the square 90 wouldn’t be a big deal BUT still, it’s not properly plumed though.