Schedule 40 PVC

I was just curious if using Schedule 40 PVC for an exposed exterior water shut off (for a sprinkler system) then connecting to the main shut off to the house is an OK material to use on the exterior in a cold climate. It looks like this was installed recently to fix a likely exterior leak in the past.

Thanks

Jonathan

I see no problem with Schedule 40 PVC used for water supply to sprinkler system, but you might recommend insulating pipe to help prevent water freezing, thus causing pipe to crack and leak.

But then again you may want to check your local building code requirements for this type of plumbing installation. You have a much colder climate than myself.

Don’t forget that PVC should not be exposed to sunlight as it degrades the pipe. Most applications up here with exposed PVC for sprinklers are painted the same color as the home.

Works great but it requires automatic drains in a cold climate . I had it in my last house 20 years . I just put it in here and will soon know how well it made it through the winter ,I used many drains so no water laid in the pipe .
I also added sand below the drains to help disperse the water .
I also made it and do blow air through the complete system to lower the odds of damage
I have 8 valves for a lot of coverage .

Much appreciated on the feedback everyone.

Thanks

Jonathan