Semi transparent PVC?

Is this fitting acceptable to join with PVC? I haven’t encountered this semi translucent material before. Not to mention lack of primer…

Thanks

Not sure if this is the same type but according to the link here, it is.
http://www.harvel.com/piping-systems/gf-harvel-clear-pvc-pipe

I don’t believe that to be the same stuff.
The ‘translucent’ stuff in the first post looks like that cheap China plastic crap you would find in a dollar store that cheap toys are made out of.

for those that aren’t code-phobic
2000 IRC
SECTION P2608 MATERIALS EVALUATION AND LISTING
P2608.1 General.
Plastic pipes, plastic plumbing pipe components and related plastic materials shall be evaluated and listed as conforming to ANSI/NSF 14 by an approved agency. The approved agency shall maintain periodic evaluations of production of listed products or materials, and their listing shall state that the products or materials meet ANSI/NSF 14. All plastic pipe, fittings and components shall be identified with the mark of an approved agency as conforming to ANSI/NSF 14.

not properly identified in the visual image do you have a mirror image of the other side showing the required marking

not all primer is colored or visible after application

for those that aren’t code-phobic
2000 IRC
SECTION P2608 MATERIALS EVALUATION AND LISTING
P2608.1 General.
Plastic pipes, plastic plumbing pipe components and related plastic materials shall be evaluated and listed as conforming to ANSI/NSF 14 by an approved agency. The approved agency shall maintain periodic evaluations of production of listed products or materials, and their listing shall state that the products or materials meet ANSI/NSF 14. All plastic pipe, fittings and components shall be identified with the mark of an approved agency as conforming to ANSI/NSF 14.

not properly identified in the visual image do you have a mirror image of the other side showing the required marking

knowing product requirements will save later grief
http://www.ppfahome.org/pvc/

Nice Barry
Yes JJ I think you’re right.

Thank you gentlemen. I agree that is likely the “cheap China stuff”.
And no, I do not have a photo of the other side.

you’re welcome kramm

now ya know better marc ;~))
mirror’s magic when needed…happens often…if you don’t have 1 get 1

Look I found one today in NH! Do I win a prize?