sump pump

hi like to find out what is the other pump that i found in the basement?

thank you

Thank you i am new on it :slight_smile:

nope. it’s a unfinished basement and nothing else over there, but it’s walk out basement

Where is this(state).
This looks more like a sump pump with a winter bypass. The Y fitting is upside down. In the summer it pumps outside and in the winter into the main sewer line.

It’s a grinder pump. They are used when dirty water or waste needs to be pumped up & out.

Did you see the main sewer going through a wall above the the floor level?

Is the laundry in the basement?
Is there a bathroom rough in?

That is correct. Around here they call them crock pumps or in the trade "Shi…t ejectors…LOL

Jim

The end is near.

Could be both, connection of exit drain pipe would say.

I have seen vented sumps like the picture.

:slight_smile:

That is very common around here in most new construction. At least for the past 10 years or so. I get asked on almost every inspection of a new or 10 yr or less home, “Jim, what is this”…:shock:

Jim

The end is near

It looks like a vent coming out of the slab for a floor drain and the floor drain is going into the sump. Is there a condensing piece of equipment next to the water heater?

you are right, it would seem like alot of work to avoid a condensate pump, maybe the floor drain is also serving the floor …floor drain. There appears to be a 3" receiver about 2’ from the sump with 2 pipes draining into it. There may be a future bath roughed into the slab also.

Booster pump.

what is the result of reaching water to test sump pump?

Did an inspection a few days ago & found a good example of a fresh water sump next to a grinder sump.