Can it be done ! Please help

I am asking you all if you are buying a home and need a structural peosn its only the current home owner can request this I can and only why I can is that they had one before and I wish to have another opinion yes.:twisted: Also have home on pier and beam is off by several inch is it good to level it to 7inch home is older and claim need to have two beam put on other sides to balance out, and would there bee seriouds problem after this the floor does not shake and does not make noise when walk throught but is leaning and same what bad!!!

Hi Karen,

Not exactly sure if this will help or not, I did not fully understand the first part of your question. You would need to read your real estate offer contract to determine whether or not you have placed any contingencies regarding inspections and time limits for having these performed.

Had I performed an inspection on the home and noted what you described I would not only note this but also highly advise you have a Structural Engineer also perform an evaluation. From what you describe this might potentially require an engineering survey to determine a proper corrective action.

In many cases, state-certified/registered structural engineers have the authority to “red-tag” a building based on their observations. This is why they will require the current owner to order the report of a structural engineer, rather than a prospective buyer.

**I’m asking if you are buying a home and they say its need a structural person, that can be be only ordr by the current home owner can request this only. Reason say this is that they had one before and I wish to have another opinion of the one they had . Also the home on pier and beam is off by several inch just need to level it to 7inch home is older and claim need to have two beam put on other sides to balance out. Would there be serious problem after this the floor does not shake and does not make noise when walk throught but is leaning and same what bad!!! Hope question more clear now

As a Buyer, you can have a PE look at the property and provide you with a report.

One PE’s opinion does not preclude the opinion of another PE.