Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > Inspection Education Topics > Inspection Education & Training

Notices

Inspection Education & Training This is a general forum for inspectors to discuss their educational experience, and to ask questions of InterNACHI's Education Committee. This forum is dedicated to the memory of InterNACHI member and educator Gerry Beaumont. Gerry was an avid proponent of education for inspectors and will be sorely missed.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1/16/13, 10:09 PM
InterNACHI Member

Default frost protected shallow foundation

Hello, am I the only one to think that the image representing a fpsf in the attic and interior inspection course is not accurate? The image doesn't seem to represent a fpsf... no wing insulation and I've never heard of a fpsf built of cmu?

Alexis
Need a home inspection in Kansas? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Kansas certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 1/17/13, 8:25 AM
InterNACHI Member

Default Re: frost protected shallow foundation

I just looked at the drawing you are talking about and while it is not a build to drawing it does capture the essence of what a fpsf is suppose to be [an insulated foundation]. Yeah, its missing a footing and wing insulation. I did a brief google search for CMU's in a fpsf and did in fact find a least one actual under construction image using them in the wall.

Gerald L. Coy, P.E.
Rochester Home Inspections & Engineering, PLLC

http://rochester-home-inspections.com

Serving Rochester, NY and its metropolitan area.
Old 1/17/13, 8:31 AM
InterNACHI Member

Default Re: frost protected shallow foundation

here is the picture
Attached Thumbnails
frost-protected-shallow-foundation-agfoundations.jpg  

Gerald L. Coy, P.E.
Rochester Home Inspections & Engineering, PLLC

http://rochester-home-inspections.com

Serving Rochester, NY and its metropolitan area.