NACHI welcomes industry leader Mike Nelson to its list of educators.

I am honored to announce that NACHI is arranging for Mike Nelson to speak at several upcoming NACHI meetings.

Mike is an I.C.C., I.B.C. & I.R.C. Certified Building Inspector and owner of Certified Professional Inspection in Marion NY. This is his second successful home inspection business, his first, Applied Research Inspection, he successfully owned/operated for 10 years in Tracy Ca. prior to selling it and moving to New York. Prior to being a home inspector, Mike was a union carpenter in the San Francisco bay area, UBCJA LOCAL 1280 Mountain View Ca. He was given the local “Apprentice Of The Year” award after successfully completing the 3-year program. He went on to be a foreman and superintendent prior to starting his inspection business. He spent 3 years at Chabot Junior College, Hayward California, taking night classes to complete the “Construction Inspection AA” program.

Mr. Nelson has successfully passed the course for the prestigious “F.I.R.E”. Chimney and Fireplace inspection credential, and is the certified member # FP010, as well as the New York State DEC Pest Application / Inspection Certification. Mike is a certified inspection member of both A.S.H.I. and N.A.H.I. and a New York State Licensed Home Inspector.

Mr. Nelson has taken the ITA courses in Mold Survey and Sampling, Mobile Home Inspection and Commercial Inspection, and he is a graduate of the very first ITA “FASTTRACK” course. Mike has helped in revising the ITA “MATRIX” inspection software used by over 7,000 companies across the United States and Canada. He has performed over 7,500 inspections and has done multiple “ride along” mentoring training days for new ITA trained inspectors. Mike has been approved by the state of New York, to teach home inspection courses. He has spoken at seminars with over 750 inspectors present. Mike was a founding charter member of the C.R.E.I.A. Delta Chapter, and has recently helped in the formation of the Western New York Chapter Of N.A.H.I. where he is the chapter Vice President.

Mr. Nelson is a certified Competent Toastmaster and was given the following awards by his California Rotary Club, “Outstanding New Rotarian”, 1999 and “Rotarian Of The Year” 2001 by the Tracy Sunrise Rotary club, district 5220 California.

Mr. Nelson helped organize and supervised several years 4th Of July Celebrations for the Tracy Chamber of Commerce 1999-2003, and the largest city event, The Bean Festival.

Mike has been a member of the Calvary Chapel church system for the last 8 years where he has donated countless hours in service to his fellow citizens.

Please join me in welcoming Mike to our great long list of NACHI speakers and educators.