MO Training/Education

I am interested in becoming a home inspector and have been going through all the information here as well as trying to find information through google. I am interested in learning as much knowledge as I can and wanted to know if anyone can point me at a course to start with or a book to read. I was thinking about the course that AHIT offers is this a good course to take? Can anyone recommend it or perhaps another course.

I guess I am trying to figure out how to approach this since MO has no regulations or licensing for inspectors currently.

Thanks.

Most inspectors I have mentored took the AHIT course. They seemed to like the course. Dan Bowers in Lawrence, Kansas teaches a home inspection course also. You may want to consider taking training from him, since he is probably the most experience inspector around our area that is teaching.
InterNACHI has the best education out there. You can subscribe to video courses at www.nachi.tv for a very low fee. It is well worth the money.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at (573)761-3581.

Thanks for the help. I have started with NACHI.TV and it is well worth the cost just as you said.

www.nachi.org/education.htm

Thanks for the link I just applied for a Student Account.

The classroom is actually closer to Kansas City,Mo than Lawrence, KS for Dan Bowers that is