Need VA CE credits?

The InterNACHI Central Virginia chapter is kicking off its membership drive with this awesome training event, taught by Kenny Hart. It will be worth 6 InterNACHI credits and we are trying to get ASHI to recognize it for credit as well . The State of Virginia does not pre-approve credit but you will receive a certificate for participating in the class that you can submit to the DPOR for credit.

Learn how to inspect the plumbing system like master plumber, Kenny Hart. Register here

A second generation Master Plumber and Mechanical Contractor, Kenny Hart has nearly 40 years of experience in the mechanical fields. He holds a Master’s License in plumbing, HVAC and gas-fitting. He has been certified by the Commonwealth of Virginia as a backflow device tester.

He is a Virginia Certified Home Inspector and has been or is currently a member of ASHI, NAHI and InterNACHI. Kenny is the Past-President of the Virginia Association of Real Estate Inspectors. He served on the ASHI Technical Committee for three years, including one year as the chairman.

There will be two classes for this event

**How a Plumber Inspects the Plumbing System-4 Hours

With more than 35 years in the plumbing and mechanicals trades Kenny will share his somewhat unique look at home inspection regarding the plumbing portion of the work. This presentation takes you through the plumbing portion of a home inspection where Kenny will identify the more common defects and concerns home inspectors routinely find with this portion of the home inspection. But he will also go beyond that and focus on some of the more specific areas of concern. He will offer up a few tricks of the trades for finding defects and explain some simple cures. The extensive use of images, animations and anecdotal stories from the Master Plumber, HVAC Tech and Gas Fitter turned home inspector always makes this presentation informative and fun.

**Boiler Basics-2 Hours

Boilers can be intimidating for even the most veteran inspectors. This class is great for beginning inspectors and veteran inspectors alike. Kenny will go over the operation of boiler systems and common defects to look for on your home inspections.

Door Prize

All participants get a raffle ticket for a door prize that no inspector wants to miss!

Register for this home inspection education here

Is there a Northern VA chapter?

I don’t know but all are welcome!

Juan, about 1/3 of the invitations have been snail mailed. Have you gotten any response? I’d love to see at least 20 members in the room.

Nick we have gotten responses. One of the problems was it wasn’t worth ASHI or VA credit. Kenny helped me fix half the problem and he’s fixing the other half now. Nick, the only way you listed on the invitation to register was to call me. Can you list the website on the rest that you send out?

Nice event Juan! Wish it was closer. I’ll wait for your upstate NY tour :slight_smile: