Question of the week 7/19/2015

Must be an interNACHI member to win.

The Awards Committee panel member posts a question in the Education and Training section, once per week at a random time on a random day.

All parts of the question must be answered in one post. You may not post more than once. The first(and only) post counts, get it right the first time.

Do not edit your posts as the Awards Committee can see that time stamp in the edited post…it just makes our sorting it out more cumbersome.

First correct answer (as judged by the question poster, and the award committee) wins. The lucky winner gets one case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to you. Courtesy of Nick G. Your prize will be shipped to the address on file.

Good luck

Subterranean termites

Subterranean in most of the U.S., but the Dampwood Termite in the Pacific States.

Subterranean
Drywood
Dampwood

Looks like we got a winner, but, that new hybrid termite deserves to be part of the discussion.

Do we?

Depends on region but here are the most common:

Drywood Termite
Subterranean termites
Formosan termites
Dampwood termites

Reticulitermes flavipes, the eastern subterranean termite.

Subterranean
Drywood
Dampwood
Formosan
Conehead

Subterranean
Drywood
Dampwood
Formosan
Conehead

Native subterranean termite, found in all 50 us states except alaska

The worker termite…

The type that eats wood. :mrgreen:

Congratulations Greg!

Nice, Greg…Congratulations! :slight_smile:

Thank you

But to be fair I see that I didn’t follow the rules. My first answer was not the correct one. I had to add Dampwood.

Wow very honest guy, I think you deserve it just because of your honesty.

But to be fair that would not have changed it. I was looking for Subs and Drywood as the most common.