QOD for 11-9-08 Pool Fence

You can pick as many as you think are correct

Brian,

YOU HAVE MAIL!

What happened to the 4 inch sphere? I can honestly say that, without looking it up, I do not know the chain link rules. Probably against everything holy in pool safety since you can climb it.

If the third option is true, can someone interpret that for us?

Dylan…it’s too early in the poll to start giving the answers away :). You can go here , open my Pools.zip file (skip the ads…I’m too cheap to upgrade to the free version) and then open Pools.pdf and check page 4 for some insight on Brian’s selections.

Ok Michael, I’ll hold out. Thanks for the files.

2 and 3 are the correct answers. :smiley:

Ok Brian. Do you happen to know what 3 means? What is meant by an opening? Vertically, horizontally? These latches are typically on a gate, with lots of holes.

Quite frankly, I don’t get it.

Not exactly Dylan, I was hoping for someone to chime in and explain it.

I gave you the answers in post #5. I’d show it as an attachment here but this thread won’t let me.

Hi Dylan, Barry sent me this, I believe Michael sent it also, I had trouble opening it.

Use this guide when the release mechanism is located less
than 54 inches from the bottom of the gate.

• If horizontal members are equal to or more than 45 inches apart, vertical spacing shall not exceed 4 inches.

• Fence gates should be self-closing and self-latching. The gate should be well maintained to close and latch easily. The latch should be out of a child’s reach.

• When the release mechanism of the self-latching device is less than 54 inches from the bottom of the gate, the release mechanism for the gate should be at least 3 inches below the top of the gate on the side facing the pool.

Note: Placing the release mechanism at this height prevents a young child from reaching over the top of a gate and releasing the latch. Also, the gate and barrier should have no opening greater than ½ inch within 18 inches of the latch release mechanism. This prevents a young child from reaching through the gate and releasing the latch.