QOD for 12/16/06 Commercial Inspection

Hi to all,

Sorry we have had no qod for a while, I’ve been catching up after a bad bout of the Flu and been very busy.

PS, no I am not including a photo !! :wink:

Regards

Gerry

lol…Love 3 phase questions…:slight_smile:

What if they have a (4) Wire High Leg Delta…lol…then what colors…should they see…I wont tell…:wink:

Also…what is the proper PHASE arrangement of this panel in regards to the terminations…:slight_smile:

Sorry Gerry…I simply can’t resist sometimes…Good QOD

Maybe If I have time…at the end I can explain about problems in commercial with panel upgrades on 3 phase versus todays arrangement and older arrangements…if anyone cares to listen later…lol

OK…QOD…stop and think…3 phase…we are not bringing into the equation the Grounded Conductors identification in this question…before you answer it…stop…drop and roll…I mean THINK about it…

Thanks for the clues I just might be able to get it now . all the best Paul … Cookie

lol…I am sure YOU got it before the clues my friend…lol…

Dang…I just hit my LOL quota…dang it…:slight_smile:

An Orange?..:smiley:

In main equipment meter sections ]: A = Black, B = Blue, C = Orange high phase ],
Neutral = White.

ahhh…careful " Slice Master"…we are not talking about the meter enclosure…lol…

You-who-Mr Guru…?

A = Black, B = Orange high phase ], C = Blue, Neutral = White.

YOOHOOO>…Slice Master…you said…and I quite

not the answer I was looking for…BUT now you have blown it slice man…lol…Now I hope you did not get the lastname DUFFY because of your “DUFFS” on the course…thehehhee…har…har…I kill me…

Mr Guru…?

Aren’t the only colors mandatory by code are green /
green with yellow tracer for grounds, or grounding conductors and white or natural gray
for neutrals, or grounded conductors. orange for high leg?

Yeppers…I was only shooting for the Orange…lol…the colors Gerry posted are acceptacle industry color markings…now on branch circuits of multiple voltage systems you have to mandatory identify ungrounded phases…but again …I dont want any brains to explode of this.

I shot it at you…](*,)

Here comes a Grey Box…:stuck_out_tongue:

lol…you know I love ya…:slight_smile:

Hi to all,

I thought that I had posted a fairly easy question, but I am afraid I am not going to understand the answer myself :shock:

All that stuff about middle leg Beta and stuff, I am getting one of my headaches, I think I’ll lie down.

Paul, you own it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That’ll teach you to mess with QOD :wink:

You stick to arguing over CMI and leave the serious stuff to professionals :cool:

Regards

Gerry

One of the conductors on a 3 phase ******Grounded B-Phase (Corner-grounded Delta) System] **could be white or gray if the system was as follows:

http://ecatalog.squared.com/catalog/173S/html/sections/03/SD173%2003-10.html

Specific colors for conductors are assigned to be green, green with yellow, white, gray, etc., and some special colors such as as light blue, yellow, and for ceiling heat, brown, orange, and yellow too.

See the NEC Index under “Color Code” if interested.

Now…Gerry you know DANG well I was only helping fella…and well…I have to be honest…this and along with the POLL…I tried to deflect attention away from me and the CMI bickering…lol…DID it work?

lol…OK…I will defer to Joe T for the explanation of the color system and what the orange color is for on the Delta High Leg…Take it away JOE…

Sorry Gerry…:slight_smile:

The color Orange is used to identify the “High ‘Bastard’ Leg” and in a meter socket enclosure it is the “C” Phase, everywhere else it is the “B” phase, – in the center from left to right, top to bottom, or front to rear.

Here’s some information on a system of this type, and this CD is a good investment.

http://www.tpub.com/content/doe/h1011v4/css/h1011v4_138.htm

Thanks Joe…Most Excellent…

Years ago some older panels were installed with the high leg in the C phase because it was done that way on the meter side…so when they came back later to do a panel change…electricians knowing that the “B” phase should be the high leg…redid the panel and well…put the HIGH leg in the middle when before it was on the right…and well…blew up some equipment…thus the color system helps in the identification.

Ok…thats my little story part…