QOD for 9/2/06 Plumbing

Hi to all,

Here’s todays question.

Regards

Gerry

absDWVproblems.gif

Nice Gerry

Boy, that sure looks familiar :wink:

Hi Jeff, I thought that it may ring a vague bell with you :D, do you need any help with the answer? I suspect not :wink:

Regards

Gerry

Hi to all,

well I guess I got quite a few members scratching their heads today nearly 80 views and only 12 answers ;-). In Fairness I would expect our members in the South West to know more about this issue than others.

Regards

Gerry

Nothing wrong with the NorthEast, Jerry, is there? ha. ha.,

I am tie with the wrong answer I believe. ha. ha.

That was a good one Jerry.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Glad you liked it Marcel, there are very many issues that affect inspectors in different regions of the world, for example I never saw a Zinsco panel when I lived in New England. I fact I called Jeff Pope about this issue the other day as I knew it was a South Western deal and that he would know more about it than I would (he did of course).

It is always hard to write anything educational that applies to all members, we live in a damned big country with different manufacturers product having different distribution in many places.

I gotta tell you many times I am learning more than I am teaching, thats the joy of it.

Regards

Gerry

Hi to all,

The correct answer to this is:

***Cracks develop around the connectors

****This is a problem with some ABS pipes manufactured between 1984 and 1990 primarily in the South West, some piping manufacturers were using deffective ABS material and this has led to failures of the piping around the joints.

For more information please visit ABSpipes

This site has details of the classaction suit against the manufacturers and shows how to identify the relavent piping.

Regards

Gerry