$99.99 - Dragon Naturally Speaking 9

I rec’d an email from TigerDirect.com, advertising the above, so I thought I’d pass it on. I know several members, including RR, swear by it . . .

TigerDirect has partnered with Nuance to offer you a software product that is changing the way people all over the world use computers. It’s called Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred 9 and it’s beyond revolutionary. It lets you accurately create documents simply by speaking. Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 requires no training for the software to recognize your voice. Simply install it and you’ll be dictating letters, e-mail, and instant messages in less than one third the time it takes to type them.
As a TigerDirect customer, you’re entitled to purchase Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred 9 for just $99.99 - a savings of $100!. This special offer is not available anywhere else and is only valid until August 31, 2008.
Typing is a drag on productivity. It’s tedious and time-consuming. Dragon 9 is fun to use and offers a better way to work. Now, you can create letters, reports, e-mail, instant messages, and more – quickly and accurately. And when I say accurately, I mean better than 99% accurate. It’s faster and more accurate than even the most skilled typists. Dragon NaturallySpeaking never makes a spelling mistake, and it actually gets smarter the more you use it! Think of the time you’ll save.
Plus, Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred 9 supports all your favorite Windows-based applications and offers many more time-saving features. There has never been a better time to buy Dragon NaturallySpeaking!
To order your copy of Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred 9 and save $100 click here.
$99.99 is all it takes to get the fastest, most accurate speech recognition software ever!
Say goodbye to “hunt and peck” typing and say hello to the fun and simplicity of using your voice to quickly and accurately turn speech into text. It’s quick and painless. Speaking of painless, it’ll even help you avoid repetitive stress injuries like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

This revolutionary and easy-to-use product gives you everything you need to get started, including a FREE high-quality headset microphone with noise-canceling technology (a $19.99 value).

Thanks Russ…!!

Anyone here use this software combined with HomeGauge?

I was wondering about the pros-cons involved. There has to be many I would think.

Background noise is not a problem, I have an office away from my house (no noise), so what I mean about pros and cons is does the software complete a sentence, put a period at the end, and begin with a capital letter when you begin speaking again without any corrections needed on the users part, things like that.

I would be very interested in this over typing, if any one uses it please post what you like and don’t like with the software.

Thanks…!

Yeah-
I have the same questions as DD-
all info is appreciated!!

Dragon 10has been released.

. . . Which is why places like TigerDirect have clearance prices . . .

I use it when doing reports and they gave me the sales call about a month ago.

Not sure I need the update.

Great program , that takes up a lot of harddrive,and needs lots of ram.

With Hip you can"t use it for navagation but it does type the narrative in the add box.

Personally I prefer adding custom narrative over the canned when describing defects.

Bob, you find it works easily with HIP when you’ve opened up a new ADD box?
How about captioning pics?

Yes I us it for that also, as I do not always like the look of repeating defect comments for a caption (per using the drop down feature), so your above mentioned use comes in handy.

I always slot my pics into proper order, generate a PDF and work side by side with the program on a split screen, using the ordered pics in the PDF .

I sometimes click and drag my photo comments into the HIP program.

Yes …you can drag words over .(not sure to many know this (so don"t tell)

I mainly use canned ,only for material comments.

Ask RR he uses it all the time.

He does not use Home Gauge.

True, however he might have knowledge of it working. Anyone IM Dom?

Bill

Dragon’s a good program, definitely much improved over the years. I don’t think I’d use it on site as I’ve heard guys running into conflicts with sellers and agents on both sides when vocalizing problems.

Not much I can add to what Bob said. It will work with HomeGauge, Home Inspector Pro or any windows software just fine. The technology has definitely improved over the years. It still takes some training and makes mistakes. Personally I type fast enough that it would be more of a pain than talking and correcting, but if you are finger pecking at the keyboard its worth trying.

Seems like a great tool, but only one I’d use when no one was around.

Version 10 is same price as 9. :???:

I’ve mentioned this before but for those of you just wanting to try the technology and see how it works, if you are using Windows XP or Vista you very likely already have speech recognition on your computer. Just open the Control Panel and see if Speech is listed. If so, get a good headset w/ boom microphone, fire up the speech recognition engine and play around with it. I’ve done so and decided it is not something I want to try for use in inputting my observations into my reporting s/w but that’s just me. If you like the process then you can ‘upgrade’ to DNS.

I tried the speech recognition on my Vista equipped Q1 and found it less than desirable.

Anyone have a comparison between the Nuance product and Windows speech recognition?

No comment, I haven’t personally used Dragon in years and have never used Windows built in. I do hear that both need lots of training to get used to your voice.

I bought Dragon 9 when it first came out and find it to be a valuble tool.

The older versions like Dom may have used , were no where near as good from what others have told me.

You can do your training on the fly as it makes mistakes by highlighting the word and repeating verbaly after you type in the correction.and it gets better by not repeating that the next time.better the more you use it.

Version 10 promises faster speed and accuracy.

It is a great product to have, even if not used all the time.

As far as typing speed goes I bet version 10 could beat Dom in a speed test , and spellcheck is not needed as the corrections are not due to mis-spells , but to mis-pronunciation…

I will more than likely buy the upgrade before the deadline of next month.

Only if you can talk faster than 100+ words a minute :slight_smile:

I have been told I do, and actualy Dragon grows accustomed to fast speech.

It seems to work better the faster you talk.

You should try the new version sometime , as you may find it much better than you remember, which is what some of the other oldtimers such as yourself have told me.

I like being able to concentate on content , rather than the mechanics of typing when in a hurry to pontificate.

As far as Mikes trial, I do not think the Q1 has enough power to handle Dragon as the harddrive and ram are low on most all the tablets I have looked at, which is but one reason I have avoided buying one.