Inspection Software

What inspection software do most of you use? And, do you have to spend a lot of time tweaking it so it works best for your needs?](*,)

Hi Dennis, you might want to do a search on the forum about software. There are many thread on the subject.

There are two major Inspection software companies, Home Inspector Pro and Homegauge. Try them both, but if you’re on the east coast, you’ll get the best customer service with Homegauge. If you’re on the west coast, you’ll get the best customer service with HIP. Just because of time zone availability. If your somewhere in the middle, then it doesn’t matter. Try them both.

Frank is right, HG and HIP (as you’ll hear them referred to) are the top two.

Frank, just curious why you think the best support for East coast customers is HomeGauge? We have tech support staff on both coasts so our phones go from 9am to 8pm EST, live chat goes until 9pm and we answer help desk emails until around 3 am EST. Plus we have stuff answering emails/Tickets on weekends.

Yep!

Then I guess you’re covered on both fronts. It’s just HG that can’t provide the needed support bi-coastal.

Frank is starting this whole East Coast/West Coast battle. I thought that was just in the hip hop world.

Ah ok, gotcha! I was curious where that was coming from.

Well, I’ll see you in a few weeks in Ontario!

Our company is in the Midwest Minneapolis area…so we cover both since we are right in the middle…:cool:

Also…support has never been an issue for us over 15 years…the main reason ??? Home inspectors that use our software hardly ever need support. :stuck_out_tongue:

A lot of home inspection software out there can be complicated which requires a much bigger need for support.

Thanks David, There is a lot of information if you just take the time to look. New here and I have a lot of questions. I will check over the forum first next time but it is nice to see that there are so many people on here that really want to help others out. Thanks again.

Frank you must be a comedian.
Yesterday you were complaing about the terrible HG support and Dom helped you out so who you crapping.
Show some respect.
HIP is the best software and can help often up till 3am.
Can not tell you how many times I was up late in the early days with Dom setting me straight on basic computer issues.
He was always there.
Try and even find a good woman that patient.

He is Bob! :mrgreen:

I have full respect for Dom. And appreciate his help on the HG forum when nobody else was available. :wink:

Looking forward to it