Tablet Users

Any recommendations? I am ready to punt my PDA and would like a tablet PC.

Jeff Pope mentioned the Panasonic Tough Book not long ago on a thread. The price is a little steep though.

I have seen the toughbook Linas, too pricey for my tastes.

Brian,
Go to Ebay. Type in for the Panasonic tough book. When it comes up, on the left side menu bar. You will see a list of menus. go down to condition, click on refurbished. I picked a new refurbished tough book with OP for $500. with a 3 year no question asked warranty. I am very happy with it. Now if you would like a Compaq TC-1100 tablet pc, I can sell you mine. :slight_smile:

Is that tough book you bought refurbished…fast or painstakingly slow?

I wonder if we just used if for inspections if we would need 1 million gb of ram and a fast processor…thinking out loud again.

By todays standards, it is slow. :roll: Mine is a 800 MHz, 256 MB ram. I use inspectvue on it. If it was any faster I think my clients would think I am charging them to much. I like it mainly because it is really one tough machine, and water proof to a point.

Ok…is it fast or is it slow?

Lol, For me it is fast enough to get the job done. :slight_smile: To play Doom? Nope, I would get my … shot off. :twisted:

I guess I need to ask a different question

You have probably used a different computer to run your inspection software yes? That computer is probably newer than this tablet yes?

How does the tablet compare?

I have a tough book also. It is not slow. Its great!

toughbook-pic123.jpg

Ok Tony I think I got what you are asking. I started out with the Samsung i-700 pc/smart phone. To small of screen, to many screen changes… Switched to a Compaq TC-1100 tablet. It worked great. I had a chance to get my hands on the tough Book tablet. Both of them have the same processor, the TB has a little more ram. I like the TB because it is what they say it is, TOUGH. Do not get me wrong on the Compaq, I would still be using it today if I had not been able to get the deal that I did on the TB. Next?

Tony, Just a little information on a Tough Book, Hope it helps. And yes this is a accurate price on it.

**price: **US $249.00 ****

**Description **

Item Specifics - PC LaptopsBrand: **Panasonic **

Hard Drive Capacity: **10 GB **

Family: **-- **

Screen Size: **13 inches **

Processor Type: **Intel Pentium III **

Operating System: **Windows 2000 **

Processor Model: **-- **

Primary Drive: **24x CD\VCD COMBO **

Processor Speed: **600 MHz **

Condition: **Refurbished **

Memory (RAM): **128 MB **

FREE LAPTOP BAG*

PANASONIC TOUGHBOOK PENTIUM 3 600Mhz NOTEBOOK
HUGE BRIGHT AND CRISP 13.2" TFT DISPLAY (Scratch free and NO dead pixels!!)
OUTSTANDING BRIGHT AND CRISP 1024x768 RESOLUTION
OWNERS MANUAL\USERS GUIDE
PANASONIC CF 48 SYSTEM RECOVERY DISK (Restores system to ORIGINAL factory OS and settings)
128 megs RAM (upgradable)
HUGE 10 GIG REMOVABLE HARDDRIVE (easily upgradeable!!)
INTERNAL 56K MODEM

INTERNAL 3.5 inch 1.44 FLOPPY
INTERNAL 24x CD\VCD COMBO DRIVE
USB PORT
STEREO SOUND SYSTEM (loud and clear!)
WIRELESS INFRA RED PORT
2 PCMCIA EXPANSION SLOTS (Just add your existing PCMCIA WiFi card and connect to the internet on your wireless LAN or at THOUSANDS of hotspots nationwide!!!
AC ADAPTER + CORD

How old is that one? Just wondering?

Thanks Mark…at that price even if it is slow it would be a great backup computer…or hammer.

I am not sure, but I beleive it is a third generation. But I really do not worry about that. It is a factory refurb. with a 3 year no question asked warranty. I should say that the warranty is extra…

Anyone interested in a Compaq TC-1100 tablet? When I bought it last year, it was 1.5 yrs into the factory refurb. Still running like atop.:smiley:

$249? :wink:

Mark,
Can you give me some of the information for me like hard drive ,etc. Also how
much are you wanting for it. I have a computer generated report in excel. It is a check list and I was wondering if the tablet would work good with this.

Russell
BHI

These were at the ITA trade show. Anyone have one?
LS800

Mark,
I am interested in the tablet pc. If you can let me know what size it is
and condition. If you want to send me a email at rlbritton@bellsouth.net.

Thanks,
Russell
BHI