Video enthusiasts Unite !!!!

If you favor the new era of reports you know that it means the implementation of video in your reports .

It’s a must have in my opinion so tell us why you like it or don’t and how you feel it has helped your business and client interaction, communication etc…

Feel free to discuss software as it sure makes a difference in the timely implementation, presentation as well as hardware…

Here was a perfect example just last nite on an inspection where it was perfect to have the ability to capture a moment where a unique situation was unfolding

A bad pressure tank which was in the ground had no differential , thus the newly installed pump was short cycling when I pulled the cover off the pit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LainmoGGWys

good catch

Thanks Amigo …

I tend to dig into areas where most local inspectors around me pass it by …

I’m building the report in my new Home Gauge software currently
and really enjoying the experience …

I do have the newest GoPro Hero Black …
I will be using it on my chest harness a whole lot more starting tomorrow
currently I’m flipping between my Sony and samsung android camera…

The samsung android camera is not a camera for inspections so please do not waste you r $$ on them…

They are far too weak and easily destroyed…

I even use video in my septic inspections

This was a situation where my client and myself had no print yesterday due to MLK day

He had to leave and counted on me to finish the septic inspection and let him see if I could the drainfield and report to him on it…

we know it’s in the area I took the core …today the print arrived to verify that
very small field and flanked by full grown trees with roots all through it…

Here’s an example of a typical inspection I do and all the video I shoot with pics in the Home Gauge software …

Note how absolutely user friendly the layout is …

And part two my comparison with Home Inspector Pro with the same inspection to complete…

My emphasis is on video implementation in each software offering…

You got issues man.

Dom should kick your ***.

Your girlfriend should drop you too.

Dom tutorial on adding videos.

Wow Mike I always liked you too… did I hit a nerve ?
go easy bro…

lol…:smiley:

Issues ? not any more …I’ve upgraded…

and as a side note,I don’t worry about getting my *** kicked too much
I can handle myself plenty good

I like how Ben covers "the money shot " in the latest educational video .

What he is referring to is of course a pic that depicts you actually doing your job
or getting dirty etc…
I’m with him and like to do the same thing …
I feel that videos allow you to really exploit that and also create a sort of bond or
link when communicating with your clients.

They feel as if they are standing over your shoulder during the inspection and this is key.

I must find more situations that call for a video than most inspectors or I just flat out enjoy it more…

Here’s yet another from the lake house I did yesterday…

pics just could not explain this better …

Great SEO too. :slight_smile:

Come on Frank your site is so nice , add some videos to your program and really kick some booty…

I have a couple. I’ll be making more.

Video is a great tool.

I’m very thankful that I have HIP mobile to make it so easy for me :slight_smile:

It really couldn’t get any easier.

Troy …
It’s ok it’s called an epiphany and you just havn’t had one yet …

I do agree with you about it being a great tool however and I’m glad you are using it.

Do you find yourself cutting any video over 1 minute ever ?

I feel many instances I need over a minute or 2 and the 30 second amount people
are spouting just doesn’t cut it…

example here is yet another from the same place yesterday …

I went 1 :13

I would never put something like that in my inspection report.

If you feel that’s what your clients want then I’m glad it works for you.

Wish I was not so busy working and could spend the kind of time to add a bunch of videos .Most people hate having to look at videos when reading is so much faster unless it is someone with a low reading skills in which case video is a great option.

My Samsung Android Camera still works as good as the day I bought it over 2 years ago so you maybe got a lemon Kevin.

Getting ready to download the latest beta as HIP mobile keeps getting better.
Like that thumbnails are now enlarged.

A single photo of a tool sticking through a deck joist would tell the same story.

I just do not see this type of video use as adding anything to the functionality of the report.

Its your report and you can do as you wish but I am not impressed with the example shown so far except maybe the pump pressure switch short cycling. But even that could be handled easily with a photo of the covered switch and and a descriptive comment.

Well it’s new and you havn’t adapted yet …that’s all good and fine
The feedback from the agents and clients tell a whole other story .

I’m focused on making them happy

Old dog’s don’t take to new tricks easily , that’s a given.

It works for me…