ProPay offers InterNACHI members a deal.

ProPay

3.25 % + $0.35 seems more expensive than PayPal. Plus you are paying an annual fee. Am I missing something??

You can do it on your phone. Is that possible with Pay Pal???

I do maybe 1 credit transaction a month and pay pal works fine for me.

PayPal works just fine for me too. Just send a PayPal invoice and they get their report after I get confirmation that payment was made.

The deal I got for inspectors is a whole percent lower and you can do it on your phone too. That’s because I’m not taking a cut of the transaction. If your usage is low though, stick to paypal or google checkout!

thanks for the info Dominic

ProPay allows you use their service as a virtual terminal to process orders by computer or phone or fax or mail or onsite orders.
$50 annually
3.25% + .35 p/transaction (if you process less than 3K p/mth)

Paypal charges extra for the virtual terminal service.
$30 p/mth ($360 annually)
plus
3.4% p/transaction (if you process less than 3K p/mth)

As you can see, ProPay is far cheaper for this level of service. You can also add webpage shopping carts for ProPay with this and get a NACHI discount.

Many do not feel the need for a virtual terminal, so PayPal is cheaper in that case.

I like to have a back up system because a few rare customers despise PayPal and will not use it when they see that name and logo, or they claim their computer will not work with PayPals system. Regardless if this is real or imagined, it happens from time to time. I also like to take payments out in the field or by phone via CC, so I use ProPay for these reasons.

I also use PayPal for some other things.

Dominic,

Is your virtual terminal CC service cheaper?

I use PayPal it works for me…

I use PayPal for my business. I get 2.95% + .30 per transaction. I don’t use the virtual terminal because I haven’t had a need for it, but I may consider it later if I get enough request. I do like the fact that with PayPal I can except Visa, M/C, Amex, and Discover as well as the regular paypal payments.

Surprised there isn’t an app for that. LOL

Skip the virtual terminal. It will cost your $60 a month total soon ($30 for their normal fee + $30 PCI compliance).

The bank I made a deal with (took 6 months and 8 banks) is $15 a month and 2.02-2.3%. It’s been $5 a month until recently due to force PCI compliance on all merchants. I’m HIGHLY suspicious of anyone saying it’s $39 a year as they have to get you into PCI compliance which costs anywhere from $120 a year (like with our bank) up to $300 a year with paypal’s virtual termainal. PCI compliance will not be mandatory for a few more months so I think propay is holding off until the last minute and will charge you guys later. This is mandatory for anyone processing through their site or on their own device like a phone or computer. Paypal doesn’t need to charge if someone clicks a link and goes to THEIR site as you never touch the data. As soon as you’re entering in data YOU MUST become PCI complaint.

Check out http://usa.visa.com/merchants/risk_management/cisp_merchants.html for more information, you are all merchants as far as they are considered. I’ve found no one who will do compliance for free (trust me, I’ve looked)! So if propay is eating the cost, I’d be very surprised. Although since their interest rate is a whole percent higher they might be working the cost into that.

How does 1.89 swipe rate and 2.89 keyed in with a .25 trans fee sound?

http://www.creditcardsystemsforfree.com/

Click on InterNACHI seals.

Great discussion. 3.25% is just the lowest tier, ProPay does have rates down to 2.69%. ProPay also has the email invoice feature, 800# phone processing, and go to www.pocketpay.me for a way to process on your smart phone with ProPay (Thanks for asking, Chuck).

As for PCI DSS compliance, why pay anyone a $15-30/month fee as a penalty or for their help on compliance? You could use ProPay’s MicroSecure Card Reader and email invoices for less and still be compliant. (The reader is encrypted, so you never have full card data=compliant).

Tanner, if an inspector is entering in credit card information on their cell phone (they’re seeing CC data) then according to Visa they MUST be PCI compliant. This would be the same for calling an 800 number as well. So you’re saying with your service inspectors won’t need to pay a PCI fee?

Bill, doesn’t your company have monthly minimums to meet?

i use paypal as well works great, as customers r happy that their info is safe.

Every processor has a monthly min. of $25.00.

That’s not true Bill. The bank we made a deal with has no monthly minimum transactions as our users on here can tell you. There’s just a $5 gateway fee and $10 PCI compliance fee. We got the monthly minimum waived (it helps to get 8 banks to compete with each other over thousands of users!)

Whats the rate and trans fee?

Via their website, email, or web page on cell phone it’s 2.03% for debit cards, 2.3% for credit cards (.15% extra for rewards cards). We have very few guys with swipers (as there’s no monthly fee if they’re processing through their phones). The few that do pay 1.53% for swiping the cards. Most avoid that though so they don’t have to pay a monthly fee to a have a swiper working off cell towers (when it’s free on the phone).

Transaction fee is .35 per transaction.

The remote terminals you have though are very cool looking though and definitely quick and easy to use on site versus manually entering the data via a cell phone.