$60,000 GIC of monies collected from Nat. Cert. Holders Missing - OAHI Mum on Issue

Rumour has it that $60K in guaranteed investment certificates is unaccounted for by CAHPI collected from Nat. Cert. Holders.

OAHI is refusing to disclose CAHPI financials to OAHI members!

OAHI has much to hide considering its participation in conspiring to pull the plug on the Nat. Cert. Program.

The lack of accounting by OAHI-CAHPI again calls into question who knew what when and where and also calls into question the whole OAHI RHI and the administration!

Wakey, wakey!

Ray you I and others new there was a problem with OAHI/CAHPI in 2003 .
I offered to pay far a Forensic audit .
Strange how Bill ,Claude, George Webb ,Harry and others have attacked us so many times over the years .
To me they are responsible for how things have gone over the years .
They all have been executive members .
Now they try to be Mr. Goodie Goodie.
Why have they waited so long .

Ray you I and others new there was a problem with OAHI/CAHPI in 2003 .
I offered to pay far a Forensic audit .
Strange how Bill ,Claude, George Webb ,Harry and others have attacked us so many times over the years .
To me they are responsible for how things have gone over the years .
They all have been executive members .
Now they try to be Mr. Goodie Goodie.
Why have they waited so long .

I feel so sad OAHI has gone from Number one and is fading away Big Time

The NCP thing was a good idea that didn’t work for CAHPI. InterNACHI has had similar flops where we charge members for some new, crazy idea, and it doesn’t work out.

I find inspectors to be very forgiving. In fact, as long as you refund their money, those very inspectors are the first to encourage us to try again and the first to fund a new idea.

I think where CAHPI went to the dark side is when they didn’t refund everyone’s money. That is plain wrong, could be argued as a form of theft, and probably why CHMC dumped CAHPI.

Roy:

You have no idea what went on in Board meetings over the years. The people who you are accusing above did not just sit there and let it happen. We/they did their darndest to keep things on the up-and-up. However, you are as aware as I am that the GTA rules OAHI and what the GTA wants they get.

Now as far as the forensic audit, I’m not sure how a 2003 audit would have told us about a possible disappearance of $ 60,000 to $ 80,000 seven or eights years later.

Bill Mullen

You are very close to correct, Nick.

CAHPI could have saved a lot of trouble, embarrassment and legal costs had they refunded the money as they legally and ethically should have.

As for CMHC, the refusal by CAHPI to issue full refunds was only one reason (but a big one) that CMHC will no longer work with them. There are other reasons as well, including CAHPI reneging on several agreements and claiming ownership of a program they did not own.

On the other hand, CMHC and others have acknowledged the NHICC as a bona fide independent certification body and has encouraged the NHICC to deliver the National Certification Program according to the CHIBO NCP Model.

Bill Mullen

OAHI has a lot of explaining to do. The very fact they continually refuse to release financials of CAHPI is very very troubling.

If an audit had been conducted when requested by a few of us back in 2003 it is more than likely we would not have the issues we see now coming to the surface because the rats would have been exposed.

We all are very familiar how OAHI operates, non tendered contracts, certain members reaping rewards for renovations, teaching courses, expenses, corrupt discipline and appeals processes.

The whole god damn lot stinks.

I can only imagine what else is amiss given what we are finding out.

Nick

CMHC should be showing some leadership given that they know what is going on.
They should be requesting the RCMP come in and do an investigation.

The RCMP is the National Federal police force.

I along with Roy and many others have pumped untold thousands of dollars over the years into CAHPI and like OAHI all we get bull merde!

Roy, for some one who has not been involved for ages in any organization,you have a lot of opinions,but you do not base them on any facts,only on what you hear others say.
If you would take the time to be informed,you might find things are not as bad as you portray,of course there are problems,but you constant raving about issues that happened years or ages ago solve nothing.
Since it appears that you are a know it all,can I nominate you to run for office at the OAHI AGM,just think of what you could do if you were the top dog at this group,I lay awake many nights at the thought.
Best wishes

Bill Mullen writes:

I was provided with a copy of their balance sheet prepared by their outside accounting firm. They have the money… why not return it?

Harry you are a god damn hypocrite. Maybe had you spoken up when given the chance numerous times Roy would not be making his comments.

Just what have you done!!! You were in charge when OAHI lost $60K to a thief when you were in charge. What did you do? Did you and your BOD call the police?

Your posts from the OAHI board.

[FONT=Times New Roman][size=3] Thanks for your confidence Harry . A while ago you asked me what I had done for the industry .
I gave a partial list and it was long .
When I asked you what you had done for the industry in the last few years and You said Oh I have no reason to Brag mad then you againinsulted me…
Harry you are only fooling your self you and your selfish cohorts are all wind .
I like you belonged to other associations .
And yes I still do a lot for the industry 1 hour and 15 minutes on the phone Last night helping a new Hommie .
I am sure you read this string below Harry .
http://www.nachi.org/forum/f48/thanks-roy-cooke-sr-59651/
How about you doing the same .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egudvdwtDIg

Harry this is exactly what you and Bill are trying to do to home Inspection industry .
Why not watch all 6 episodes and see just how you feel you can fool the home Inspection industry. I see all you complaints on the OAHI forum .
How about using some of you ability to improve our whole industry .
Time for Billie and you to stop the Billie poo and move on .
[/size][/FONT]

2006 award.jpg

Roy, if you fail to realize that other people have a “valid” opinion too, that’s your problem, not theirs. You or even I - do not know everything.

You seem to readily dismiss everything, and poo-poo it! Yet you complain and become obnoxious and personally vindictive when someone opposses your POV.

A lot of this discussion if you take a real closer look - means “some” see common ground. The fact that much of this information comes from another inspector forum, means at least it is being brought to the front and centre - once again.

Is that such a bad thing, or should it just be swept under the carpet?

There “may be” some correlation between CAHPI and OAHI’s financials, but unless there is overwhelming factual documentation to prove such, than anything may be possible.

One another note, it is my understanding that several have tried to have this matter looked at from a legal and potentially criminal perspective. The people involved names were not Roy or Raymond. So talk is cheap, but at least the actions of those that have investigated it further at least has some value.

Just my opinion.

You folks had choices.

You could have gone over CAHPI heads and released the documents directly to everyone who has paid into this scam!

Please no excuses you or anyone else who has known for quite awhile what has been going on.

I am owed an explanation as is everyone who has put money into CAHPI let alone taxpayers money into CAHPI/NC, et al.

As I have repeatedly stated some of us stood up to be counted while others at the AGMs said dick and didn’t stand united.

No more excuses!

Raymond:

How do you know that the related documents have not been provided to everyone who lost money ? Your term ‘scam’ is incorrect. The monies were collected validly. They were possibly misappropriated later, but that does not make the original program a ‘scam’.

You also have no idea who knew what or when, so your accusations are as false as they are poorly researched.

No taxpayer money has been lost, nor any CAHPI membership fees, so you do not deserve any explanation. You have been an eternal opponent of the program so it’s none of your concern. The funds that are involved all came from fees paid by applicants to the NCP.

Yes, there are some very strong efforts being made on many levels by some people to get things corrected, but the details will not be divulged in a public message Board just so some people can twist and warp the truth to fit their own agendas.

Bill Mullen

Claude said

And maybe you don’t have all the facts either. I participated along with someone else in providing damning evidence which called into question the financial solvency and other issues we are discussing.

Regrettably the person who was collating the info and passing it on refused to share what info he had, which had it been disclosed would have cemented the info.

Not disclosed on a public forum? Now that is funny! What pray tell do you think the OAHI board is?

No more games time for those in the know to come clean and stand up and be counted. Non of these rogue associations has money to legally challenge anything less of all financial disclosures.

Strange how when on the board everyone observed the rot, didn’t have any problem breaking confidentiality agreements while serving, yet couldn’t find the guts to disclose more important problems. They sure found their second winds when they got turfed.

[FONT=Times New Roman][size=3]quote=clawrenson;777366]Roy, if you fail to realize that other people have a “valid” opinion too, that’s your problem, not theirs. You or even I - do not know everything. .How do we know, you and others have refused from the get go to answer questions …
You seem to readily dismiss everything, and poo-poo it! Yet you complain and become obnoxious and personally vindictive when someone opposes your POV.
…I become obnoxious well aint that just too Fn bad for you .
This is NACHI were all are welcome , You and others come here to sell your ideas and refuse to give facts.

A lot of this discussion if you take a real closer look - means “some” see common ground. The fact that much of this information comes from another inspector forum, means at least it is being brought to the front and centre - once again.
Some of it has come from another forum and you have not been a help in the least in fact you have chalanged me frequently for posting info from another forum .
Looks to me like you wish we were not getting this info.
…You guys are just parasites who use others to further your wants and do nothing to help the rest of the industry.
Is that such a bad thing, or should it just be swept under the carpet?
.Should what be swept under the Carpet .If Ray myself and others had not been bringing information out then no one would have a clue what is going on .
There “may be” some correlation between CAHPI and OAHI’s financials, but unless there is overwhelming factual documentation to prove such, than anything may be possible.

One another note, it is my understanding that several have tried to have this matter looked at from a legal and potentially criminal perspective. The people involved names were not Roy or Raymond. So talk is cheap, but at least the actions of those that have investigated it further at least has some value.
…Your Understanding why have you always refused to supply ,thoughts ideas,information
Just my opinion.
[/quote]

WE are treated badly ,insulted called liars and you and others continue to try and blame us for wanting what is best for our industry . We have been open none stop and you have had a closed door none stop .
Your group are just a bunch of parasites use others and give nothing .
I say shame shame shame .
[/size][/FONT]

A perceived lack of facts and real information does not entitle you and Cooke to make things up as usual. Jack Nicholson was right when he said ‘You can’t handle the facts!!’

Bill Mullen

That’s right.

Instead, the missing money will be dealt with by the principles secretly and between themselves, behind closed doors and out of the public eye, where they will have the opportunity to cover up facts and place their own spin on what happened to the funds that were entrusted to them.

Got it?