Alberta Chapter

I have updated our chapter web site at http://ab.nachi.org/albertanachi/members.html

If you are an Alberta Member go to this site to check your membership and for announcements
We are planning a chapter meeting on Jan 21, 2008.

Nice site!

Congratulations, keep up the good works!

Great job Vern.

Well I’m back from Aussie land. It’s a great place.
600.00 A$ for an inspection. Minium wage is 18.00 A$ per hour. This causes all the wages to go up.

Just updated the chapter web site.
We will be having a chapter meeting on Jan 21 2005. Go to
http://ab.nachi.org/albertanachi/
for current status.
Brock Ketchem, Chairman of the advisory committee, will be making a presentation on the status of the Home Inspection Business Regulation Review. So far as I know nothing has happened since the presentation at the Toronto Convention.
I am hearing a lot of rumours that are false rumours. Plan to attend the meeting to get the truth. This is going to be an open meeting.
I hope that CAPHI members can attend so that they will also get the straight goods. Also an invitation will be extended to the Realtors.
Nick G Your attendance would also be most welcome.

I’m lost, where is Brock presenting? Maybe I can come.

In Edmonton on Jan 21. We have not made any reservations except to pick the day. We are having a lunch meet today. I will get back to you.

Who is he speaking to? Who is hosting the event?

NACHI Members and guests.
You are.
International Association of Certified Home Inspectors Alberta Chapter.
Location Edmonton
Venue to be determined.

Update AGM agenda Alberta Chapter

The meeting will be held on Jan 21 2008 at the
Ramada Inn & Water Park
5330 Gateway Blvd.
Edmonton, Alberta
T6H 4J9
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Adgenda
8:00 AM to 9:00 PM Capter business
9:00 AM to 10:00 AM Brock Ketcham
10:00 AM Coffee and discussion
10:30 AM 12:00 PM Update ABC Changes for 2007
12:00 PM 1:00 PM Lunch
1:00 PM 5:00 PM Nick Growmicko Marketing.
Fees to attend
Nachi Members 35.00
Non Members 45.00
RSVP Registration dead line Dec 15 2007.

First home inspector licensing in Canada. Come to the licensing & marketing meeting in Alberta.

Everyone is invited to attend a 1 day home inspector event in Alberta, Canada on Monday, January 21, 2008 from 8am to 9pm. You need not be a member to attend. Real estate agents are welcome as well. Dress casual as our meetings are informal and fun.

Topics:
[ul]
[li]First home inspector licensing/regulation coming to Canada.[/li][li]Marketing success seminar for Canadian inspectors.[/ul]Speakers:[/li][ul]
[li]Brock Ketcham, Director of Cooperatives and Project Advisor, Consumer Services Branch, Service Alberta.[/li][li]Vern Mitchinson, President of the Alberta NACHI Chapter and Home Inspector Licensing Board member.[/li][li]A representative from FLIR Infrared Cameras.[/li][li]A representative from FREA.[/li][li]Nick Gromicko, Founder NACHI, InterNACHI, IAC2, and MICB.[/li][li]Valerie Green, President NACHI.TV.[/ul]Agenda:[/li][ul]
[li]8:00am to 9:00am: chapter business.[/li][li]9:00am to 10:00am: Brock Ketcham on upcoming home inspector licensing.[/li][li]10:00am to 10:30am: Coffee and inspection industry discussion.[/li][li]10:30am to 12:00noon: How to use infrared cameras to do inspections.[/li][li]12:00noon to 1:00pm: Lunch.[/li][li]1:00pm to 5:00pm: Nick Gromicko on marketing for home inspectors including:[LIST][/li][li]Once we’re all licensed, it becomes a marketing race![/li][li]A review of new inspector success tips and a few never revealed.[/li][li]How to get more inspection work from the internet[/li][li]Raising your prices when your competitors in Alberta charge less.[/li][li]Adding indoor air quality inspections to your list of services.[/li][li]Tapping the pre-listing inspection market and sellers using MoveInCertified.[/li][li]Commercial building and accesibility inspections in Alberta[/li][li]Beyond minimum standard licensing: The Certified Master Inspector (CMI) professional designation.[/ul][/li][li]4:00pm to 4:30pm: Broker from a major real estate company in Edmonton.[/li][li]4:30pm to 5:00pm: Rep from FREA on E&O insurance for inspectors.[/li][li]5:00pm to whenever: NACHI.TV creating free online commercials for members.[/LIST]Where:[/li]Ramada Inn Edmonton South
5359 Calgary Trail
Highway 2 and 53rd Avenue
Edmonton, AB, T6H 4J9
Phone: (780) 434-3431
Fax: (780) 437-3714
email: ramadaes@telusplanet.net
Book your room before December 20, 2007 and get $10 off using rate code “NACHI.”
Directions:
[ul]
[li]From North: From Highway 2 or Calgary Trail South/104th Street exit left at 53rd Ave.[/li][li]South: From Edmonton International Airport, Red Deer, Calgary- Follow Highway 2 turns into Gateway Boulevard just keep going straight to 53 Avenue and turn left directly into the Hotel parking lot.[/li][li]From East: From Saskatoon - Take Highway 16/Yellowhead Highway heading west. Take the right hand off ramp for Wayne Gretzky Drive/Fort Road and turn left onto Wayne Gretzky Drive and follow for 11 km. At 98 Avenue Wayne Gretzky Drive become 75 Street but just continue to go straight. Turn right onto Whitemud Freeway west and follow for 2.6 km to the 99 street/Gateway Boulevard off ramp. Turn right onto Gateway Boulevard Follow for 1.2 km to 53 Avenue and turn left directly into hotel parking lot.[/li][li]From West: From Jasper - Take highway 16 Yellowhead highway heading East. Turn right onto Anthony Henday Drive, follow 7km to Whitemud Freeway and turn left onto the Whitemud Freeway - east/south. Follow for 14.4 km and take the right exit ramp for Calgary Trail South/Gateway Boulevard,turn left onto Gateway Boulevard and follow for 1.3 km to 53 Ave and turn left directly into the hotel parking lot.[/li][li]From Edmonton International Airport: Exit airport and follow signs for Edmonton. Travel north on Highway 2 into city limits. Highway 2 turns into Gateway Boulevard. Follow to 53 Avenue and turn left directly into hotel parking lot. [/li]
[li]MAP[/li][/ul]When:
[ul]
[li]Monday, January 21, 2008 from 8am to 5pm.[/ul]Door Prizes:[/li][ul]
[li]Galore![/ul]Cost: [/li][ul]
[li]Members and their guests $35.00/person.[/li][li]Non-members $45.00/person.[/ul]Please RSVP: http://ab.nachi.org/albertanachi/register?id=198[/li]
Everyone is welcome to attend this licensing and marketing event. You need not be a member of the Chapter, NACHI or InterNACHI. Bring a friend or your spouse. Dress casual as our meetings are informal and fun. Don’t miss this one… and please don’t forget to RSVP.

We hope to see you all there!

Vern Mitchinson and Nick Gromicko

[FONT=Georgia][/FONT]

PICs from 2007 Toronto Convention

Vern, et al:

Sounds like an awesome event! Good luck.

Vern,
Sorry, I cannot make it. Ok, ok I mean I will not come. Last time I was in Edmonton, my wife said “let’s get back to Calgary.” She did not like Edmonton, I did not like Fort McMurray. Minus 40 with 40 -50 k winds all three days. Calgary was fine. Spent six years out there.
Other than that, I would be there for this event… oh well I am sure you can get along without me!

Have a great meeting!