CAPHI caught in a little lie to the Ministry in B.C.

http://www.nachi.org/documents/byebyetocaphi.pdf

All who were here http://www.nachi.org/albertalm2007.htm know that AB has no such plans as per Brock Ketcham, Director of Cooperatives and Project Advisor, Consumer Services Branch, Service Alberta.

To quote Mr. Ketcham with regard to CAPHI’s belief that AB is using CAPHI’s program…

so close but In Canada we spell it phooey](http://wzus.ask.com/r?t=p&d=us&s=a&c=a&l=dir&o=8001&sv=0a30052c&ip=40e4dcd9&id=A1932F58E259C04D6C13EDE45D80FFA5&q=fooey&p=1&qs=167&ac=24&g=6c64yTfXzlx1up&en=ss&io=0&ep=&eo=&b=sck&bc=&br=&tp=top&ec=1&pt=phooey&ex=ss_mt%3Dphooey%26sc_mt%3Dphooey&url=&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ask.com%2Fweb%3Fq%3Dphooey%26qsrc%3D19%26o%3D8001%26l%3Ddir)

Its a polite way of saying Bull $hit.

Smells the same and is great for the Grass if the snow ever melts.
…Cookie

Fixed.

And I love the definition.

The fellow who wrote that letter must carry his balls in a wheelbarrow.

Let me understand this… he has given the Solicitor General an ultimatum to respond to his letter; a letter in which he accuses a governmental official of being anti-consumer, because the recipient is smart enough to read between the lines with the “national certification”.

This is a branch of the same CAHPI that has been trying to get NACHI to go along with their National Certification .
They keep saying how great it is but still give very little information.
Its like buying a car with no idea of what makes it run or how to could get it serviced .
Its like if you Have brown hair you get it cheaper then every one else .
Two different prices for two different people.

PHOOEY on CAHPI… Cookie

It is good to see that someone is catching on to this shell game.

Never mind the rest of Canada, what about the shell game being played out in OAHI?

Ray,

You have pointed out many times that OAHI is a house of cards. We are InterNACHI. I suspect that many dont really care much about OAHI.

Dude, I can appreciate that you’ve been wronged by them, and that their own members were wronged by them, and all the rest. Okay. You’re on a f*ck OAHI where they breathe campaign. That’s cool. But, this thread aint about OAHI.

This org is about InterNACHI. Canadian Inspectors need to grab the bull by the balls, and start driving the boat.

Joe

Reread the thread!

Joe I guess you might not Know this is the only Canadian BB where Canadian Home Inspectors get to find out what really is going on in Canada.
If you check the Canadian NACHI numbers are steadily increasing .
I am sure this BB has had a lot to do with it.
I Like many of your posts please keep your Canadian support going.

Raymond is just a small part of the Canadian Troubles .
Please stay tuned for more information .
.Thanks …Cookie

"Canadian Inspectors need to grab the bull by the balls, and start driving the boat."

That, I believe, is a mixed metaphor.

I have never been a member of CAHPI or OAHI, and I do not know any of these people personally so I have no axe to grind. But I read some interesting things in that letter , as said by Mr. Sutherland.

“A delibrate effort through licensing exclusions and exemptions that would make our organization shoulder the cost of this licensing scheme means either added expense for CAHPI(BC) members providing service to communities outside greater Vancouver, or greater cost to consumers.”

" It seems implausible that different rules for different home inspectors could possibly be considered if the goal is to bring uniform standards to the industry. "

These are the words of Mr. Sutherland of CAHPI(BC) and NCP proponent when there may be different costs burdened on his members, but it is okay for me and other non-members of CAHPI to have to pay an additional 30% to obtain the exact same certification they are trying to push forward with the NCP, different prices for different inspectors , how can you bring uniform standards to the industry if you can’t even bring uniform prices to the NCP. I have read that the NCP is seperate from CAHPI and its own entity than why are the NCP applications supposed to be mailed to CAHPHI?

Mr. Mullen, one of your replies to an earlier post said,

" The provinces need a common denominator and the NCP provides that, plus it was partially funded by Federal Money."

So how can an organization that was partially funded by OUR FEDERAL TAX MONEY justify two different prices for the SAME CERTIFICATION , just because of membership to a given association, anything that has FEDERAL funding and is supposed to be a National initiative should be on a level playing field for all. So to those who are running the NCP can you see why there is such resistance from inspectors outside of certain associations. As I said I am not trying to attack anyone here just point out some contradictions that I have seen.

CAHPI would love to charge everyone the same amount That way non members would pay a lot more than they do now. The members of CAHPI have subsidized others throughout the program and still continue to do so.

I agree that in a fair world, we would all pay the same. However, because CAHPI members knew the value in this program they have willingly invested their own money to help everyone. I hope they continue their generosity, but I’m sure they appreciate your concern for them.

Bill Mullen

Technically Mr. Mullen if Federal Money was contributed I have subsidized part of it already as well.

We have all subsidized the Federal portion. Only CAHPI members have contributed the rest of the required funds to develop and test the program.

Bill Mullen

Ray,

I’ve read this thread, and most other Canadian threads. You’ve done your homework forever on OAHI. We all know that.

I guess, being from the US and all, it’s my fascination with this whole “national” movement, along with provinces, royal ministries, solicitor generals, and all the rest.

We all have one thing in common, which I will bring up at the beginning of day one. I hope it sinks in.

I also hope I’m not shot for saying it.

Bill can you give us the aprox figures that has come from the tax payers and the aprox figures that have come from CAHPI in Dollars not time .
I have an idea but amounts from a insider would be great .
Thanks …Cookie

I would be happy to. I had to do that analysis a year ago for some government people but it might take me a while to locate it. I can likely post it tomorrow.

Bill Mullen

Now that it appears the NCP is NOT going to be used for licensing, at least not in the 3 Provinces working on licensing, one must ask, is there anything that can be salvaged from the program? I say yes, and now that the Provinces have abandoned NCP, it may actually get strong. A tree that grows alone, if it grows at all, grows tall.