Cool Savings Rebate Program 2007 - Ontario

Ontario Power Authority (OPA) Cool Savings Rebate Program will be renewed commencing April 1st, 2007. The rebate offers under the new program have changed somewhat from last year’s program as well as the more recent Hot Savings Rebate Program.
The offers under the new Ontario program are as follows: a $50 rebate to homeowners who have a programmable thermostat installed by a participating contractor; a $50 rebate to homeowners who have a tune-up done on their central air conditioning systems. This rebate will apply to all customers, new and existing, whether they are on an existing service contract or not (this is a change from last year’s policy); a $350 rebate to homeowners for the purchase of a replacement Energy Starâ-rated central air conditioning system (at least 14 SEER and 11.5 EER); a $100 rebate to homeowners who purchase a mid-efficiency furnace equipped with an Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM); a $250 rebate to homeowners who purchase a high-efficiency furnace equipped with an Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM); and a $750 rebate to homeowners who purchase a combined high efficiency furnace (with ECM) and (replacement) air conditioning system, where the efficiency rating exceeds CEE’s “Tier 2” level (at least 15 SEER and 12.5 EER).
This means homeowners may qualify for up to $800 in total rebates. All offers will be good from April 1 through to September 30, 2007, except the Air Conditioning Tune-up Offer, which ends June 30th.
In addition, all participating contractors must agree to support the “Switch the Stat” program for the return of older thermostats which contain mercury. This program is being administered by the Clean Air Foundation and involvement comes at no cost to the contractor.

Nalliah Thayabharan
Expert Building Inspections Ltd
Markham ON

I can not see where it is saving for me to spend $11,000:00 + to save $900:00. .
New duct work new furnace new AC and destroy my Basement .
Thanks I think I will stay with my base boards and my gas fire place.
Roy Cooke