Free Newsletter

We try to put out an informative newsletter every month.
It is open to anyone who wishes to sign up.

http://www.phpic.ca/?ID=10&Language=ENG

This is an example from our August newsletter

**"CSA A770 Standard for Home Inspectors due in Sept **

The CSA technical committee developing the draft standard for home inspection is nearing completion. PHPIC member Marcel Gratton was invited by the CSA committee to conduct a test inspection that conforms to a recent version of the draft. The CSA technical committee will use the feedback from the test inspections to make refinements to the draft standard.
Marcel commented that “The CSA test inspection went very well. I don’t foresee much additional time in performing home inspections as per CSA Standards versus PHPIC’s.
But one will have to make note of serial and model number of heating/AC appliances, date / location of smoke/CO detectors and operate sprinkler’s…”

PHPIC will continue to keep its members updated with the latest news."

Keep Safe While Inspecting
Allan

Very interesting Thanks Allan for posting this info .

Operate Sprinklers!!!
sprinker-inspection.jpg
:wink:

What PHPIC puts out is far more then OntarioACHI does .

1 Like

http://www.phpic.ca/?ID=65&Language=ENG

There is also a very good article on Tarion where they invite Home Inspectors to go through the home with the new purchaser .
This was never allowed before and there just was a big discussion on Home Inspectors not allowed on the tarion builders site.
Well now this does show it is now allowed .

} On or before date of possession
} Homeowners may bring a designate
including a home inspector
} View the completed home, learn
about maintenance, make a record
of damaged, incomplete, missing
items, or those not working properly.

I don’t recall saying FIRE Sprinklers…

:smiley: Nor do I.

Thanks for the plug Roy. OntarioACHI, the only Association that is not influenced by Roy Cooke. Good enough reason to join I’d say.

Testing sprinklers… So how long for each zone to properly test? What run it for 5 minutes per zone with normally 10 zones, that means I send an hour standing outside watching the lawn get wet? Or do i have measure the water pressure at every head?

Do I write up that the inground lawn irrigation system is not optimized because the fence is getting wet?

And what is clear definition of a sprinkler? Do I hook up a green hose to the oscillating mechanism?

download.jpeg

He may have meant the location of sprinker heads for fire suppression.
Sorry if it got misquoted.

Allan

Thanks for the clarification. I’ll ask Paul directly.

For what it’s worth, our own InterNACHI-Québec Chapter also conducted the same field testing of CSA-A770 SOP and we invited our colleagues at AIBQ to join us! Pretty well the same comments and certainly not as onerous as initially thought. The CSA Committee Head, Paul Gulletson collected all the field testing results and a discussion is scheduled.

G
CSA Committee Member.

Curious Giles, how many of the TEST inspections covered the entire CSA document, meaning houses that had every appliance and system that CSA wanted checked?
And what was the time factor? 10% more time, 25%? I want to make sure I schedule enough time for a full inspection.

From PHPIC newsletter today:

PHPIC AGM & Training Seminars Nov. 17/15 Ottawa

Please join us in person at the Best Western

1876 Robertson Rd, Ottawa - Click Here to book a room](http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001qIjbVxpIElFIA04bSKTx9v44uMtshXhe5cW9Gj-ig1JavHYt1HhzQZpn2yWjm-2-nmKCbFhBetqWFVRHjbzTZdaCKtyhyOjVEFiggLUCqKNvOazn9Zmx7yCVSgCZj7t4OzQAoxcooom0BGiOw2AWzMi34ihW5vRBV0X-LHFgkb6Osd2DeTTDQUAmG0nAHgN1MSDOMMCM93dKF6XhhSvY6-ClekaegjW3EM6HzMgGCu-mIWFAMVcU1WRPFo6ls-yMQswmK7mwTljfnyIjYYrbUQ==&c=igfwZsaz04lHCh68DpctbF0lO_atXCv_M8nRHC6WqFLedHGlKab36Q==&ch=Bq2kDP31j_yCsg_7IRHYEv6diMwG1eD9TuaiH-bHOtAHBxsWLc5uzA==)
Use promo code “AGM Property Inspections Nov 16th” rate is only $118.

If you attend in person you will receive 10 CEU’s so please send an email to info@phpic.ca and to advise
“I will attend AGM”

If you join us via web Anymeeting you will get 5 CEU’s
Link for webinar will be sent just prior to the meeting.

SPECIAL speaker Marcel Gratton who provided a test inspection for CSA using the newest Draft Standards for Home Inspection!

This will be the latest information available to inspectors on what they will expect is the future of HOME INSPECTION!

AGM itinerary as follows:

8:30 FREE breakfast

9:00 - 9:30 AGM covering speech from the chair and financials

9:30-10:30 Marcel on CSA Test Inspection!!!

Break

10:40 - Past Chair Doug Kendall and Past President Paul Wilson will present the Kendall Award of Excellence.

10:45 - 12:45 Social Media Training for Home Inspectors
including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram - Grow your business with New Technology.

This is all FREE for PHPIC Members Only!
Non-members may attend after the AGM for a small fee
to be determined.

Further from the PHPIC newsletter:

**Free ride to Ottawa**
         Allan   is putting out an offer to drive you to Ottawa for FREE!

Just email him at aciss@sympatico.ca or phone 905-633-8219
He will advise of pick up points Monday November 16, from Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Toronto, Oshawa, Kingston etc.
You only need to book your hotel room at the Best Western.](http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001qIjbVxpIElFIA04bSKTx9v44uMtshXhe5cW9Gj-ig1JavHYt1HhzQf4BDMlk2_vLxXKZ3qzHqUNCHskcfHWIfxT5gXuKGirkCaHrCPupst1CWKEHqt8PDNtQ25SQTM241BtT0Gqgwk2KdzRm68Doso_KuthWsrTD5KdIr7YZD0BzIf2Q_PWHrwsxMGDF789BEcNt2ags7vf8BwT9gOhoIBS9MFIyyjJ0Bm_LUSkquhfDGeehC5vqsrRed-_pGmDSFKCjsi0poNYk_7Yg2oBesy1dJvBmVl0pL4sD_i4-l_d-z-YPrlslTJeMjbNxyuAckwTuv1Rm2FUTpRcLh0LbmsfrRaSUHrqbKCMCf3Rx7w0=&c=igfwZsaz04lHCh68DpctbF0lO_atXCv_M8nRHC6WqFLedHGlKab36Q==&ch=Bq2kDP31j_yCsg_7IRHYEv6diMwG1eD9TuaiH-bHOtAHBxsWLc5uzA==)

[quote=“aspisak, post:15, topic:99696”]

Further from the PHPIC newsletter:

**Free ride to Ottawa**
         Allan   is putting out an offer to drive you to Ottawa for FREE!

Just email him at aciss@sympatico.ca or phone 905-633-8219
He will advise of pick up points Monday November 16, from Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Toronto, Oshawa, Kingston etc.
You only need to book your hotel room at the Best Western.](http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001qIjbVxpIElFIA04bSKTx9v44uMtshXhe5cW9Gj-ig1JavHYt1HhzQf4BDMlk2_vLxXKZ3qzHqUNCHskcfHWIfxT5gXuKGirkCaHrCPupst1CWKEHqt8PDNtQ25SQTM241BtT0Gqgwk2KdzRm68Doso_KuthWsrTD5KdIr7YZD0BzIf2Q_PWHrwsxMGDF789BEcNt2ags7vf8BwT9gOhoIBS9MFIyyjJ0Bm_LUSkquhfDGeehC5vqsrRed-_pGmDSFKCjsi0poNYk_7Yg2oBesy1dJvBmVl0pL4sD_i4-l_d-z-YPrlslTJeMjbNxyuAckwTuv1Rm2FUTpRcLh0LbmsfrRaSUHrqbKCMCf3Rx7w0=&c=igfwZsaz04lHCh68DpctbF0lO_atXCv_M8nRHC6WqFLedHGlKab36Q==&ch=Bq2kDP31j_yCsg_7IRHYEv6diMwG1eD9TuaiH-bHOtAHBxsWLc5uzA==)
/QUOTE

What a great idea I do hope some use your service .

I am retired from the Industry , Thanks Allan .