G.T.A. Nachi chapter

Hey Guys.
I’ve been trying to find out if there is Toronto or G.T.A chapter and a source told me there is one in Brampton that meets once in awhile. If there isn’t a GTA chapter who would be interested in forming/joining one so we could give NACHI a strong presence in the area and effectively market ourselves to our clientele. Also this would be great to coincide with the Toronto Convention to show realtors and members of other orgs. that we have a strong and united team.
Any thoughts.

Gerry Pallotta

At this time there is no active chapter in your area .
Thanks for the thought In time this might improve . Roy Cooke

To correct you Roy, there is one in the GTA, but do to personal reasons, I haven’t had the chance to organize any meetings since the the one in Feb/06.
One of the many reasons, is that I am persuing a career in Law Enforcement with the O.P.P. I did not realize this would take up most of my time, but it has, plus all the other things that I am going through.

In saying that, if Gerry or anybody would be interested to take over, please feel free to contact me. I have a banner that belongs to the Chapter.
Allen

A great Idea! I nominate you for GTA chapter President. You have to be
a NAchi member though.

Hi Roy.
I’ve already applied for membership. Just waiting for Nick to clear it. If no one else wants it I would be interested in starting it but with the help of all you experienced guys.
Just to let you know I’m a newbie to the H.I. side but an old hand at Inspections. I worked as an inspector for a Property Management/Development company inspecting Apt and Condo units and auditing and inspecting buildings. Over 10 years I have inspected 100 buildings and close to 10,000 units.
I figured to go on my own and maybe get a little more money than I was getting.

Allen I’ll get in touch with you once I’ve gotten membership approval and the O.K. from the guys.

Gerry Pallotta

Welcome to NACHI Gerry. The powers that be at NACHI will steer you in the right direction if you still wish to head up the GTA chapter. You may also want to speak with Roy Cooke, he knows everybody.

Thanks Roy

NACHI feels like family and I think I’ll enjoy my stay here.

Gerry Pallotta

Hey Guys…
Talked it over with the other half. If Nick is willing and you guys are O.K. withit (me being a newbie), and there are no other takers I’ll throw my hat in the ring and help start the GTA chapter.

Any thoughts or comments.

Gerry Pallotta

Gerry, I have the GTA chapter banner if you pursue taking over the chapter. I had it made up for the first meeting this past Feb. Contact me when you are able. I also, was a “newbie” when I first started the chapter, so don’t worry, the members are very helpful with us “newbies”.

Good luck:D

Gerry
If you need any assistance with the Chapter let me know and I will help in any way that I can.
Larry

Likewise down in the Niagara area. Anything I can do to help get the ball rolling.

As the Canadian keeper of the NACHI table Cloth
http://www.nachi.org/realtorswoborders2006.htm
If needed for and presentations or a meeting please let me know and I will mail it to you.
You can mail it back to me when finished so others can also get the use of it .
Roy Cooke … A Happy NACHI member

YEA!!! :smiley:

Got my membership. O.k now where do we go from here to get this chapter going.

Gerry

Opps, Forgot … Thanks NICK!!

Count me in,and if you need any help please let me know!!

Ok the chapter site is up and running
http://on.nachi.org/greatertorontoarea
Any and all comments welcome.

Thanks Mario, George and Larry gonna need all the help I can get.
Roy thanks for the offer of the table cloth and help when needed I’ll be sure to give you a call.

Allen I’ll give you a shout about that banner of yours shortly.

Gerry :smiley:

Question … are these official chapters of NACHI with a sop and guidlines to run the chapter or some loose affliation which you can do whatever you want and have no real say for your local members?

Gerry

HI everyone,

I just want to say thanks to everybody that helped me when I first stated out,not to long ago in this proffession. A special thanks to Larry, Nick and John Bowman. Without their encouragement, I never would of started the GTA chapter in the first place. I apologize for not having more meetings, I feel that I let some people down.

Gerry you will do a fantastic job running the chapter, and with Larry in your corner and with his amazing knowledge about the H.I industry, you will thrive.

Who would be interested in an Electrical Inspection Course in Jan/07 ?

If enough interest is generated I’ll work on details.The electrician I’ll be using is a Master Electrician and teaches courses for the electrical trades.

Gerry

So I take it the chapter has no guidlines and it is what you make of it.
I guess I’ll have to roll up my sleeves and work on it.

Gerry

Sounds good Gerry. Any idea on cost?