Home depot experts

Did an inspection yesterday of an older house which had bee renovated in the last year.Did not find anything realiy wrong until I got to the electrical panel. 40 amp double breaker feeding #14/3 wire label said kitchen, 30 amp breaker feeding # 14/3 wire also going to kitchen. Then there was the double 15 amp breaker feeding # 10/3 going to the stove outlet. So I called it out and suggested that a qualified sparky be called in to repair the problems.
Got a call from the buyers agent last night and she had just got off the phone with the home owner who said he had gone to home depot and asked the electrical expert if what he had done was ok.The expert from Home depot said that he had done the work right and had no porblem with it. So now the deal may fall through because the home owner is not willing to repair the problem because the Home Depot expert said it was ok.
I told the agent that work was not ok in my opinion and needed to be corrected by qualified person.
I did not know Home Depot hired experts at least not the ones I’ve talked to.

The bigger question is why would anyone rely on a verbal opinion not having seen what you reported. Better still, I bet the homeowner would be unable to get the HomeDespot employee to put his comments in writing. Judging what you found and reported Rob, the homeowner is wrong. If the deal falls through and the next inspector comes through the house, do you think this will not become an issue again? I got news for the agent and home owner… SMARTEN UP, DEAL WITH IT!

Speaking of Home Depot experts…I have a great time when I go there.

Just to simply amuse myself when I do go to Home Depot, I ask questions to these (so called experts) and I get the wrong answers 50% of the time. It makes me laugh when I get the most ridiculous answers. Most of these Home Depot employees simply guess and don’t know much at all.

You want technical questions answered, this is where they should be asked. Not Home Depot.

I also would not be surprise if there was ever a permit taken out for the work. Will be golfing this afternoon and more than likely run into my friend from the ESA and will be talking to him.

I was in the electrical buisness for 27 years as a lineman so I think I know whats right or wrong when it comes to electrical ie size of wires and the amps they can carry.

Tell your client, to have the other experts do what you did. Have their opions made in writing, with their license information included. If any employees make the options, have their bosses sign as well with their qualifiy information.

tom

P.S. If the fool is an electrical expert, why is he working ? Geez…

Tell your client, to have the other experts do what you did. Have their opions made in writing, with their license information included. If any employees make the options, have their bosses sign as well with their qualifiy information.

tom

Man on Man…gotta love those men in orange vests…Did the homeowner see a copy of the Big Box Stores employee electrical license???

I also find that while many DO electrical work…they are not Electrical Experts by any means…which is why we hold CEU classes and require training on a ongoing basis for electricians and electrical educators…

Sad to say…there are NO electrical experts at those big box stores but you have seen this first hand.

**“Just to simply amuse myself when I do go to Home Depot, I ask questions to these (so called experts) and I get the wrong answers 50% of the time. It makes me laugh when I get the most ridiculous answers. Most of these Home Depot employees simply guess and don’t know much at all.”
UH - OH! So you mean that “Crack Filler” isn’t a medical product? :shock:

Home Depot

Where you can’t find a salesperson.
Where there are no cashiers open, but the self check out is open.
Where there is all manner of merchandise piled hap hazardly in the aisles.
Where there is all manner of litter strewn outside.

Clean up in aisle 6…

I have a huge announcement to make regarding NACHI and Home Depot in Canada. I’m just waiting for permission to release it. You’ll all love it.

Wow,

I hope it involves those two wild foxy squeegy girls!

Thanks Nick, can’t wait.

LOL… daily door prizes?

The original “crack” filler

http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/searchresults/74049.aspx?feature=Product_3&kw=crack

Don’t need no crack filler here…

http://www.fileitunder.com/uploaded_images/unexpected_plumbers_crack-702689.jpg

Thanks for the chuckle!

Hello everybody, just thought I’d use this as an opportunity to say hello.

In all fairness, some Home depot stores do have qualified trades persons working in some departments, ie: licensed electricians and plumbers. The Newmarket store that I frequent is fortunate enough to have both. These fellows are retired from their trade and are a wealth of knowledge. You really need to be careful who you seek advice from. Cheers.

Those foxy squeegy girls at Home Depot are experienced! They must be retired from an unlicenced trade! :mrgreen:

Even the security personnel get bored and need to find something better to do, at Home Depot…

Here’s a local news story from my area…
http://wbztv.com/local/local_story_324115345.html

Even the security personnel get bored at Home Depot…

Here’s a local news story from my area…
http://wbztv.com/local/local_story_324115345.html