[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]
Delta Toronto Airport West
5444 Dixie Road
Mississauga, ON L4W 2L2
(T) 905.206.5938 (F) 905.206.5925
Guestrooms for the 11th and/or 12th would be $89 plus tax

[FONT=Times New Roman]Registration starts 11:30 am [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Meeting Starts 12:30 pm sharp to approximately 4:00pm[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Topics and Guest speakers:[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]1 – BED BUGS[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]Roger Burley – President Aanteater Pest Control & Wildlife Removal Services Inc
2 – ASBESTOS CONTAINING MATERIALS
Mike Hoffbauer from Lex Scientific is going to provide update on Asbestos.

3 – NATIONAL CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
National Home Inspector Certification Council Member will discuss the latest issues on certification

4 – Brief discussion from PHPIC the meeting sponsor.
[FONT=Times New Roman]Admission is FREE if you are a PHPIC member[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]$5.00 admission for non-members[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]50/50 draw and door prize! Last door prize was a keg of beer.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]I would ask that you send an email to advise if you are attending aciss@sympatico.ca[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]This is open to all home inspectors. Feel free to share this with other inspectors.[/FONT]

Regards, Allan

an e-mail from the National Post:
Subject: Re: Interesting seminar you may want to report on or attend
Hi Allan,
Thanks for sending this along – this isn’t something we would attend, but I’d be very interested in running a brief item about what inspectors (and homebuyers) should look for in terms of bedbug infestation. Would you have any info you could send along?
thanks

Reply:
One of the reasons we are holding the seminar is to help educate and protect home inspectors as they are doing their job. We want to limit any exposure to transfering the bugs back to our own homes. We dont actually look for bugs as part of a home inspection.
Allan

I rec’d notice from PHPIC about this seminar.

At the very top of the announcement I noticed this statement.

***[FONT=Arial]Tell your inspectors - Home Inspection Seminar March 12 dont miss it! What happens if home inspection becomes Licenced??

[/FONT]***[FONT=Arial]Here we go again!

Hope this is not a repeat of the Licencing Symposium held in London a couple of years ago where PHPIC attempted to get CREA via Laura Lyser to lobby the government on behalf of PHPIC to licence home inspectors.
[/FONT]******

If we become Liciensed it could be a good thing.
If PHPIC is in control then we all get severely screwed Big Time .
My opinion … Roy
Past experience with these self appointed leaders have shown me they can not be trusted .

Their only objective is to have licencing as per the National Cert. standards.

Apparently they will do anything to achieve their goals, including using Realtors to implement their objectives.

I find this amusing that Allan a OAHI/PHPIC member posts about a PHPIC course on the NACHI forum but does not post it on the OAHI forum .
I said they where a parasitic group using us to promote their association.
Well I think the have a nerve use others and give nothing in return .
Not even a post on how their meeting went how or many attended .
They have the nerve of a cannel horse ,Horse-drawn boat - Wikipedia ,
Roy

OAHI Knowledge Cafe :: Forum

Allan.Spisak - all messages by user
pages: 1 …Zero posts

aspisak

New User

**Please Note: **aspisak is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Re: March 12 Seminar in Mississauga

There’s all this discussion about the pro’s and con’s of licencing but nothing about what the Ont government is doing if any thing.
What is the Ont Government doing?
Have they made any proposals?
Have they had any meetings about HI lic.?
Have any of InterNACHI members talked to the Ont. Gov. about HI lic?

I have talked twice to my MPP He tells me it not being talked about and that he does not think it is the horizion.
We will be Having Ont Election in Oct 2011.

Nothing new here, just PHPIC pushing its agenda of licencing as per the National.

Needless to say non members should not be duped into having one association determine what tune we should all be marching too.

I cant post on the OAHI forum.
There is no word on licencing, but we can discuss the potential pros and cons.
The bed bug info will be great, no inspector wants to bring those back to our home.

Allan

I also receive notice from PHPIC about this seminar and no such statement was noted.

Allan,

If only to rid of those pesky bugs, my trip will be worthwhile…

Anyone considering a ride along, please give me a call (613-282-0839), I will be leaving Ottawa around 6:00am March 12 and returning after the seminar.

Cheers,

The message sent out from ACISS had the caption on the top of the notice
[FONT=Arial]
[/FONT]

I understand OAHI has been actively removing posts that do not relate to OAHI, that includes info on competing associations.

Pr 158 the enacting legislation states:

To deny anyone from talking about any other competing association having objects, in whole or in part, the same as or similar to the Association will not be tolerated as has always been the case with OAHI. Its simply a dictatorship with a willing membership base which clearly has no idea what is going on.

Yes I did add the licencing title to generate a bit more opportunity for discussion as I looked up some local inspectors who I thought may want to discuss the issue.
Sorry if it caused any confusion, but the meetings always have a good round table of discussion.
One inspector emailed me and really wanted to talk about the mounting number of law suits launched against inspectors, so we will be asking and discussing this too.

All are welcome, sorry for bad weather.
Allan

Update -
The seminar was well attended by 32 people, 24 non-PHPIC members.
Bed bug seminar gave us good tell tale signs of infestation and how to protect ourselves from bedbug infestation.
Asbestos information enlightend all that home owners and property managers can be fined by the Ministry of Labour if they have contractors, workers or even volunteers exposes to asbestos containing materials.
A good discussion took place about the National Certification Program and that we can expect those waiting for TIPRs to be scheduled in the next few months.
Finally, a good 50/50 draw of $60, three LED flashlights and a Keg of beer as door prizes.
There was also interest generated in holding a certified fall arrest training, which I will look into for a future course.
Thanks to those who attended - Allan

Sorry that I didn’t make it Allan!

I had no doubt that it would be a success, my loss…

I was on the road at 5:00am from Gatineau but decided to turn around at Kemptville due to snow and snow covered highway.

Surely, there will be other opportunities!

Excelllent seminar Allan, very informative. Thanks for the invite.

Jim