Messages Pulled

Hey what happened I see many posts have been deleted that were posted by Raymond Wand? I thought this was a free speech site? Nick seems to be contradicting himself again.

Ray who?

http://dd1979.blogster.com/hell_protecting_children

Colin,

Thanks for the link to Jim’s excellent blog post. Well done and thanks again.

Poser… the date you joined this board was 2/25/08

Are you the one they call the enforcer?

No.

Are you the one formerly known as Ray?

Ray who?

Jim.

There’s a poser here. Let’s just let it go.

10-4

Strange bedfellows.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][size=1]It sure gets interesting when Nachi members send info such as this.

[/size][/FONT]

Is this the same Colin Smythe that works for the same home inspection franchise as I do, if so welcome.

Strange how I was blocked and many posts have been pulled.

I guess the free speech thingy is a myth.

Message Board Rules (emphasis mine)

Welcome to the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors’ (NACHI’s) free photo message board. While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any applicable laws, we will not moderate any idea or concept. Offensive terms may be obfuscated or censored all-together, but no post will be edited beyond this point. Please understand, though, that it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the post’s author and not the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors or its employees and volunteers, and hence these parties will not be held liable. You also agree that the exclusive venue for any litigation against NACHI, its agents, or employees arising or allegedly arising out of their use of this message board or any comments on it shall be in the District Court for Boulder County, Colorado.

You agree not to post any aforementioned content. In some extreme cases, doing so may lead to you being permanently banned from this board (and your service provider being informed). In other cases these topics may be locked such that no further posts can be added. The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.

You agree to post your topics in the appropriate forum. Improperly placed topics will typically not be deleted, but may be moved.

You understand that nothing may be copied from the private sections of this message board without expressed permission from all parties involved in that topic. All comments on this message board are the property of their respective poster. NACHI, however, reserves a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, and publicly display any post on its website.

You agree that, should this message board’s policy ever change, the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum may have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree the all information you provide can be stored in a database. While personal information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator, moderators and NACHI cannot be held responsible for any event (such as a hacking attempt) that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you provide during registration, they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure (by keeping you “logged in,” et cetera). The email address is used for confirming your registration details and password, sending new passwords should you forget your current one, and other NACHI communication. Your e-mail address will not be sold to any third-party.

Remember, debate is not only welcomed it is encouraged**. Personal attacks for reasons of race, religion, sexual orientation, et cetera, or postings, which are profane or are meant to defame our membership, will not be tolerated.** Offending parties may be asked to change their post, or may be permanently banned from this board. Nonmember guests are welcome posters at this board, but please remember you are a guest and act accordingly.

Regards,

Removing any information about the Canadian home inspection industry and those individuals and organizations involved, whether Nick and Bill Millet agree with those facts and opinions or not is a disservice to Canadian members and serves as a warning to ALL members. Freedom of speech means that ALL opinions are welcome not just the opinions with which you are comfortable.

George, it appears that your friend, Mr. Wand, performed a great disservice to your industry in Canada by linking himself and his libelous statements to information that was of value to you.

Of course, your choice to again blame those who enforce the rules as opposed to blaming the one who blatantly chose to break them, is your choice to make.

Perhaps even the usual select few will agree with you. It should still be obvious that these arguments that have been so ineffective in returning Wand will be as equally ineffective in returning his posts and threads.

I am certain that the harm that he caused by the various laws and rules that he broke with his libelous and outlandish claims was such that the gain of ridding the message board of them far outweighed the loss of any useful information that they might contain from other contributors.

I support Chris’s actions as being sound and in the best interest of the membership.

Best interests Bushfart? What would you know about best interests?

You are a sham as is NACHI and free speech.

I like how you go onto Inspection News and log on as Harvey Hempelstern

Where is the support for NACHI there. I don’t see anyone comming to the aid of your NACHI group there. As a matter of fact its interesting to read the various posts knocking NACHI as nothing but a fraud.

James, you should try out for the Olympics as you are without equal when it comes to jumping to conclusions. Show me where in my previous message I mentioned returning Ray Wand to the fold. I didn’t. You just cannot let it go at that.

It is clear that you do not have any appreciation for the situation in Canada and even less interest. But then Canadians are used to that attitude in many of our American cousins. So here are some facts for you Jim;

1. Not all Canadian members agreed with Ray.

2. Not all Canadian members agree with me.

3. Not all Canadian members agree with you.

4. All Canadian members have been made aware of how tenuous is our right to free speech on this message board.

5. Ray and Roy were the only source of information regarding the N.C.P. that did not include the persons who were determined to force it down our throats.

6. By removing Ray Wand access even as a guest and removing his previous posts you have removed the only source of information, right or wrong, that was regularly available to Canadian members. ( this statement is made as YOU brought up the subject)

Now, we all know that you have never let the facts stand in the way of a good barb so let 'er rip James. You will only add to the confusion of as to which sphincter we are listening .

Why was Ray the sole voice regarding information on the NCP, or for that matter OAHI? Surely there are others.

Why cant or shouldnt someone else pick up the mantle?

Thanks for not disappointing me with your predictable response, George. As your friend has pointed out to you, he is presently available to be your sole voice for Canada at this web site. All is not lost…until he has been banned from there, as well.