Nationwide Home Warranty

Just had (another) marketing call from these Guys. This time the hard sell. The lady on the phone said that NHW had approval from the Ontario e-Government.

When questioned about it, she said she’d send the marketing package out again. I asked who she spoke to regarding e-Government in Ontario. She couldn’t answer.

I asked her what section of the Ontario Government ran the e-Government approval register, again she couldn’t answer.

I then explained to her the e-Government in Ontario was a service called Service Ontario. She said, yes, that’s who they were approved by.

I explained that this was a Government to Consumer service, and asked how, if NHW were misrepresenting their qualifications, why should a bona-fide professional Home Inspector tarnish their reputation by getting into bed with a company who blatantly lie to sell their products.

She put the phone down on me.

You might earn money from these guys, but is your reputation worth it?

Sounds every bit like you stated, Len…Happy New Year BTW
G

Its the beginning of the year, just wait. All the SEO, Warranty and other service providers will be at your heals.

Looks like you put her on the spot Len.
Beware of excess phone calls to your business that hang up after one ring.
I was pestered for 3 weeks.

Now that I’m in the right place. I was asking if anyone had info about this program in Canada. however asking some questions and seeing the BBB report it’s beware. Just because the email says it’s through Internachi does not mean it’s not a scam from what I have been reading. To bad it would of been a nice fit. Is there a company out there that does warranties and is reputable?

**I just got email from them
**--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy New Year !! Take a look at this 63 seconds preview for Home Inspectors. . We will call in a few days. Sorry… we have been incredibly busy. Nationwide Home warranty. http://www.nationwidehomewarranty.ca/homeinspector.html
Sent by: “Rona” <info@nationwidehomewarranty.ca

This looks like another who wants our money

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/2014/01/08/3206227/the-boiler-inspection-and-insurance.html

**· **Business Press Releases](http://www.fortmilltimes.com/business-press-releases)
The Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada Announces Home Systems Protection

Broadest Protection for Vital Systems, Appliances and Service Lines Not Covered by Property Policies

January 8, 2014

TORONTO— The Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada (HSB BI&I), part of Munich Re, today announced a new concept in homeowners insurance — Home Systems Protection, offering equipment breakdown coverage for home equipment systems, appliances, electronics and service lines — available through insurers that partner with HSB BI&I.
“Systems in the home are becoming more complex, costly and prone to breakdown,” said Derrick Hughes, vice president for HSB BI&I. “Yet, homeowners policies do not cover losses caused by electrical or mechanical breakdown. Manufacturer warranties, extended warranties and service contracts have limitations — our Home Systems Protection provides broad coverage at much less cost than extended warranties. It closes an important coverage gap.”The program provides breakdown coverage for heating, cooling, water and power, security and other home systems, appliances and electronics.
Coverages include damage caused by sudden and accidental mechanical or electrical breakdown; loss of use and additional living expenses if a home becomes uninhabitable; and spoilage of refrigerated goods. Coverage also includes efficiency incentives, paying up to 150 percent on a covered loss for replacement of damaged equipment that is better for the environment, safer for people, or more energy or water efficient.
Service Lines Protection is an optional coverage that pays for service line failure — physical damage that results in a leak, break, rupture or collapse of a pipe or line delivering water, drainage, heat, steam or power to or from a dwelling. Physical damage can be caused by accidents during digging or other work, root damage, deterioration, freezing and electrical arcing.
About The Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
The Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada, a member of the HSB Group and part of Munich Re’s Risk Solutions family, provides the industry-leading range of specialty equipment breakdown insurance coverages for business and home. As Canada’s leading equipment breakdown insurer, the company helps clients reduce risk through a unique combination of specialty coverages, engineering-based risk management strategies, and an in-house team of jurisdictional and loss-prevention inspectors. For more information, visit biico.com.
Follow us on Linkedin](http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fcompany%2F137936%3Ftrk%3Dtyah&esheet=50779312&newsitemid=20140108006182&lan=en-US&anchor=Linkedin&index=1&md5=4a378220dbb4d4e6037f4305a6f898c8), Twitter, Facebook.
About Munich Re
In North America, Munich Re provides access to a full range of property and casualty reinsurance and specialty insurance products through Munich Reinsurance America, Inc., American Modern Insurance Group and Hartford Steam Boiler Group. Munich Re stands for exceptional solution-based expertise, consistent risk management, financial stability and client proximity. This is how Munich Re creates value for clients, shareholders and staff. In the financial year 2012, the Group – which combines primary insurance and reinsurance under one roof – achieved a profit of €3.2bn on premium income of around €52bn. It operates in all lines of insurance, with around 45,000 employees throughout the world. With premium income of around €28bn from reinsurance alone, it is one of the world’s leading reinsurers. Especially when clients require solutions for complex risks, Munich Re is a much sought-after risk carrier. Its primary insurance operations are concentrated mainly in the ERGO Insurance Group, one of the major insurance groups in Germany and Europe. ERGO is represented in over 30 countries worldwide and offers a comprehensive range of insurances, provision products and services. In 2012, ERGO posted premium income of €19bn. In international healthcare business, Munich Re pools its insurance and reinsurance operations, as well as related services, under the Munich Health brand. Munich Re’s global investments amounting to €214bn are managed by MEAG, which also makes its competence available to private and institutional investors outside the Group.

I know of a company in the states…Inspector services group. http://inspectorservicesgroup.com/ I met up with them at a conference…they offer a 90 day warranty with a limitation of $2000 on the pay-out, so that in conjuction with your insurance would save what you would have to pay with your deductible if you lost in court. ( if you had a $2,000 deductible.)

I too am sceptical of the nation wide warranty guys…their site is down nationwidewarranty.ca and no real clear info on what they cover and how they would manage to cover something. Cracked Heat exchanger anyone?

Just received this from Phil Dimeck at Nationwide Home Warranty (Canada) Inc.

Thought you might like to see:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING NATIONWIDE HOME WARRANTY (CANADA) INC.

Although Nationwide Home Warranty (Canada) Inc has already enjoyed a fast start to its partnership with InterNACHI, and there are now over 300 of its Ontario inspectors that are using the FREE 30 days warranty, it came to our attention that there was a company with the same name that used to operate from Texas USA. This company had a terrible reputation. That company is now CLOSED.

This letter is to legally confirm that there is NO association, NO connection, and NO affiliation whatsoever between Nationwide Home Warranty (Canada) Inc and the now CLOSED company of the same name based in the United States.
This is, and always has been, a completely separate company. We are actually a division of Nationwide Auto Warranty (Canada). One of the largest auto warranty companies in Canada.

Nationwide Home Warranty (Canada) has a STELLAR reputation. There are on file ZERO complaints or lawsuits of any kind against the corporation in ANY country.
I will repeat this…ZERO.

In addition to it exceptional reputation, ALL of Nationwide Home Warranty (Canada) inc warranties are underwritten and insured. What this means in laymans terms is that no matter the fortunes of the company in the future. The warranties they sell are VALID. This insurance policy is paid for directly by Nationwide Home Warranty even though there is NO legal requirement to do so. Showing an even greater sense of responsibility and integrity on their behalf.

We sincerely hope that after your own research you can continue to conduct business with this very reputable company.

If you have ANY questions or concerns they have agreed to be open and transparent with anything you wish to discuss.

Phil Dimeck
Nationwide Home Warranty (Canada) Inc.
877 303 5695

I’ve double checked these claims, and I can find NO complaints on the BBB or at the MCS for this organisation. It seems as though here in Canada they are indeed a separate company with different management and structure and do re-insure there warranties.

This won’t be the first time a Canadian company has been incorrectly tarred with a U.S. brush. (I would imagine vice-versa may be true also)

Roy, Munich Re are a re-insurance company (a bookies bookie so to speak). . The HSB BI&I which are part of MunichRE are underwriting for their brokers. It may well be that Nationwide are one of their brokers. It certainly sounds like the Munich re: program mirrors the Nationwide model.

You cannot buy Insurance direct from a re-insurance underwriter.

I too have been doing some research after a number of calls from Nationwide. The calls I received did not appear to be very professional. The package they mailed me was not of very high quality, and the cover letter was full of grammar and spelling errors. That’s was enough to start a the red flag in my mind. The reviews and class action suits on the internet were enough for me to stay clear and not tarnish my reputation with both clients and real estate sales people. Phil Dimeck states they are a Division of Nationwide Auto Warranty - They too have an extremely bad reputation on the internet, see a review at Edmunds.com. The fact that they have tacked on (Canada) to the end of their name doesn’t mean they’re not a wolf in sheep’s clothing. I also question why InterNACHI, an American based company, would be supporting apparently a solely owned Canadian company - That’s not the way American business typically works. I think until Nationwide Home Warranty (Canada) can provide us with iron clad documented proof they are not associated with the American based company(s) we would be best to stay away from them.

Clive Peacock

Just received this also Leonard.

Love how it starts:
This is a message from: PHIL DIMECK <INFO@NATIONWIDEHOMEWARRANTY.CA>
Here’s his or her message:
:roll:

I have a healthy skepticism for “deals” such as these. I would never offer such a gimmick to a client - devalues my service IMO. They are no different than any other warranty/insurance agency, they are in the business of taking, not paying out, money. Have you seen their exclusions?

Please tell me you don’t buy those extended warranties from Best Buy, Future Shop, et al. John Pinette has a great bit http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/The+Television+Warranty/4ynV5k?src=5

I took a gander through their contract http://nationwidehomewarranty.ca/contract.html which basically covers appliances, but not A/C and clothes washer and dryer unless purchased separately, and wonder when the Free 30 days starts. From the date of the inspection?, just like that 90 day warranty - hopefully not, since closing may be 30-90 days down the road after the inspection.

It’s obvious they want to entice insecure clients into purchasing longer warranties. Well duh, you may say.

Rant over.

Talked to Phil. It starts on closing.