Nick

Inspected once, inspected right. ® Internachi

ASHI

http://www.homeinspectionchoice.com/9-uncategorised/90-home-inspections.html

Who really owns this trademark? A customer inquired, I said Internachi but I found this sorry just bored!!LOL

Any thieves like Kansas City Home Inspector Russell Capps who steal other people’s intellectual property including our registered trademarked tagline “Inspected Once, Inspected Right” will likely steal personal property on an inspection too. Never hire thief Russel Capps who steals.

Nick this is not just Russel as I have seen this on other cards for “A buyers choice.”
There is one in the Sault Ste Marie On area also.
I can’t tell you if it is intentional.

So, if this inspector becomes a member of INACHI, will you delete your post?

EDIT: Removed because the link originally posted by another member was removed.

The cards I have seen are for Buyers Choice Inspectors!
It has on it… Inspected Once. Inspected Right.
I might be wrong that some of them can use it because of being members of InterNachi but that is not my area to research or have concern.

A buyers choice in Calgary Alberta, Lethbridge Alberta, etc… Using this line as well. Saw his truck the other day and I remember reading this right on the side.

Didn’t know it was up for grabs, good line, maybe I will put it on my website LOL.

Yes. Members are entitled to use all of InterNACHI’s logos and Registered Trademarks: www.nachi.org/logos.htm

Check this out http://northedmonton.abuyerschoice.com/

A Buyers Choice in Windsor also uses the tag line on all of their advertising materials. I took mine down because I don’t want the public to perceive a correlation between myself and them.

Seems just about all A Buyers Choice franchises use this. So it it an InterNACHI tag, or ABC tag? Seems a franchise that big could make up their own? Hmmm…

This is asinine…
It is your area to research and be concerned with if you are going to put in the public forum something that could be damaging to an Internachi member. By doing so, especially having posted this right under post#2 written by the founder of INACHI, is most certainly damaging to this member and he would have all rights to file an Ethics complaint against you.
The link you specifically posted is one of an interNACHI member, who is authorized to use that trademarked slogan.
I suggest you delete it.

Will you are missing the point, it has nothing to do with the individual. It is not his tag line it is the Company he has the Website and cards with. He can use the Tag line as Nick says but it should be correct is all we are saying.
It is not damaging to the member at all. He has no control over it I am sure.
If he did he would be using it correctly.
If it was** HIS** I would most certainly remove my post and apologize.

Kevin, I think you misread Will’s post. I believe he was inferring the response from the InterNACHI director was damaging to the member.

Both links I’ve seen posted here belong to members of InterNACHI, both are allowed to use the tagline. Heck, I do and so do others. I’ve got in on T-Shirts, Caps, and even my Car Reg plate holders.

What was said was that the member, who validly was allowed to use the tag line, was a thief. While I wholeheartedly agree that theft of proprietary material is unacceptable, claiming that an individual was a thief for using a tagline correctly would be classified as from any of us, surely it should be unacceptable from a Director of the association.

Personally, I’d remove the whole thread, as it shows us all in a bad light.

I beg to differ. Perhaps you should re-read and slower Nick’s post #9 and should also know I rarely ask questions “just because”.
Since Nick attacked Mr. Capps’ integrity for having used a trademarked tag line owned by INACHI without being a member of this organisation, it is completely about the person and not the company.
You want proof? Read his post #9 again.
Here is the thing that might be hard to understand… companies do not become members of INACHI, people do.
A non member who belongs to a company who uses material from this organization faces actions from this organization
However, a member who works for that same company has all the rights to use any material from this org. for as long as his dues are paid.

Let’s put it differently.

11 inspectors work for the same company. 10 are members, they can use the tag line but 1 cannot.
11 inspectors work for the same company. 10 are non members, they cannot use the tag line but one can.

In your post #3, (especially right under Nick’s post#2) you insinuated that the InterNACHI member which you posted a link to his website was acting in the same manor as the non member described in post #2, then you further insinuated that he was not using the tagline correctly in your post #12. He is a member, he has all the rights to use the tagline and he is using it perfectly correctly. You could be damaging his reputation at this instance.

I will repeat my post:

It is your area to research and be concerned with, if you are going to put in the public forum something that could be damaging to an Internachi member. By doing so, especially having posted this right under post#2 written by the founder of INACHI, is most certainly damaging to this member and he would have all rights to file an Ethics complaint against you.
The link you specifically posted is one of an interNACHI member, who is authorized to use that trademarked slogan.
I suggest you delete it.

I’ll delete the thread when he stops stealing.

Our IT Department is creating tens of thousands of websites with his name and contact information on each one discussing the theft and they are search engine optimizing them now. In a week or so, his name will be mud all over the internet. He wants a war, our IT Department is going to give it to him. Our taglines are for our InterNACHI members, so he’s stealing from you.

I see another well orchestrated twist.

Nick, Realised my mistake on the first link, which Is why I deleted my post as it was in error, sorry for the confusion. Intellectual Property Theft should be stopped, I agree with you, go for the jugular. That said, would it not be easier, and provide better marketing for InterNACHI and the bona-fide members to issue a legal challenge to his use of the tagline and other material?