OAHI raised their dues again.

Dear Members of OAHI
December 17, 2008
As you are aware this year has been very difficult to budget for given the economic turmoil and less than expected revenues due to membership renewals. Unfortunately the association is running a deficit which necessitated the need for a membership fee increase of $595.00 for the 2009 fiscal year. Our 2009 Budget will be comprised of 4 special assessment requests. We ask you to give serious consideration given that the long term viability of the association is at stake.
In addition we are looking at ways to reduce the overhead of the association.
These include:

1. Terminating the position of Chief Operating Officer for 2009 - a saving of $60, 00.00 per year plus.
  2. Reducing from 40 hours per week to 20 hours per week the secretary/receptionist at the OAHI office at Matheson Blvd., Mississauga.
  3. Holding the Toronto Regional Meeting group meetings in one location instead two locations.
  4. Seeking more volunteer assistance in the operating and management of OAHI.
  5. Reduced need for the Board to travel and utilization of telephone conference calls.
  6. Tapping into the Term Deposits to assist with unexpected overheads and emergency operating costs.
  7. Scaling back the Winter Workshop, to some degree and actively being discussed with further updates on this matter pending.

And this has to do what with InterNACHI affairs?

Once again the same crybabies want to cry about how badly OAHI treats them.
WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! (do you want your mommy to make it better?)

Maybe OAHI can ask the government for a 3 Billion dollar bail out to get them through 2009 ,we cant see them go down it will be to much for our economy, their shares our trading on the TSX for .02 cents hahaha,maybe then can prolong their Christmas shut down till FEB like the BIG 3, better yet reduce their top paid executives bonuses from 3 million a year to 2 million, and OAHI"s president has got to get rid of his private jet
HA HA HA HA

David, OAHI is a small home inspection association in Canada that some of our members belong to, so it *is *inspection-related news.

There is also OAHI.org that is Oregon Association of Home Inspectors.

Nick,

Just for your information, David is a member of OAHI, he is an RHI. What he is suggesting is that OAHI has nothing to do with NACHI and therefore it is not news…at least not here.
We had the wand posting all day long about OAHI now we have you!:shock:

Mario, if I could give greens, you’d get one for that last phrase!

BTW, I see you’re still obsessed…

what do you think about… 12/19/08 10:48 PM Have red on me! Don’t mention it!>>>>Mario

This message board is NOT reserved for InterNACHI news only. We have www.nachi.org/whats_new.htm for that.

This message board is for ALL inspection-related news.

[FONT=Verdana]Obsessed? :shock: Hardly!
I have better things to do with my time, unlike some people!:wink:
[/FONT]

Thanks for the clarification Nick!!

Nick,
If these OAHI members (and Yes I am one) cannot post for themselves (and as one personally told me after he had you post his anonymous posting… “I do not want to have anything to do with Nick Gromicko or his association” ) do not have the guts to post their personal opinion on the OAHI site or join InterNACHI, (and yes I am a member here as well) they they should not have you post for them.

At least Raymond has the brass to say in public his ideas. If a person is too gutless to allow others see this comes from them, it should not be posted.

And really bottom line is most of them just want to cry. They do not come up with something positive. Until they do, and have the nerve to post it themselves, we don’t need to hear their point of view.

As well some of the “COPY” that some send from OAHI has been embellished just a bit.

I reject 99% of the stuff they ask me to post, but raising dues on my dual members seemed like inspection related news.

I can only hope the increase in dues comes with a bunch of new membership benefits to justify it.

Also, you will note that in the past, I’ve posted other stuff for OAHI Board members such as event announcements, etc.

**"Nick,
If these OAHI members (and Yes I am one) cannot post for themselves (and as one personally told me after he had you post his anonymous posting… “I do not want to have anything to do with Nick Gromicko or his association” ) do not have the guts to post their personal opinion on the OAHI site or join InterNACHI, (and yes I am a member here as well) they they should not have you post for them.

At least Raymond has the brass to say in public his ideas. If a person is too gutless to allow others see this comes from them, it should not be posted."**

Nick, David is right.

"Also, you will note that in the past, I’ve posted other stuff for OAHI Board members such as event announcements, etc."

That’s like telling the traffic cop “But officer, I’ve ALWAYS done that speed on this stretch of road!” The fact that you have done something wrong and then do it again does not make it right.

Nick,
You are right here, and in light of the fact that OAHI actually consulted legal counsel to make sure that you did not come to an OAHI convention. Hold your head up here!
However I have heard from some of these “poster boys” personally and feel InterNACHI as well as yourself are being used. And much of what some have to say is not the full truth. Some have told me personally they want nothing to do with InterNACHI. Then I see them have you post this crap… They should get a life. It is my opinion only (but my opinion is what matters:mrgreen:) Do not post it for them.

wand has “BRASS” ? That’s a joke right?
He is a spineless worm that claims he is a member of OAHI and an RHI.

Mario,
At least he posts his name (as well as everyone elses)
THe point I am making is some will not want the OAHI bod look askance at them if they complain about OAHI.
THey are correct, OAHI needs changes, however anonymous voices should not be listened to.
When I see Mario Kyriacou want some changes, he signs his name.
When I see David Cook want some changes, he signs his name.
When I see WIlliam Devries want some changes, he signs his name.
When I see Bill Mullen want some changes, he signs his name.
When someone is to gutless to sign their name, then do not waste our time.

(I will sign this:mrgreen:)