Our new Prime Minister?

OMG

Today, Stéphane Dion showed Canadians that he really does not have a plan for the economy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrliDQs1Jps

That was a great video. :smiley: Thanks for posting that.

I knew Dion was clueless and this confirms that fact. However, I am still surprised that someone could stumble over such a simple question. He starts to fidget as soon as he hears the word “economy”. Pathetic, but really funny. :smiley:

Liberals don’t know how to fix economies, they only know how to ruin them. Tax and spend is Dion’s economic “plan” but of course it would be political suicide to say that.

You know Doug I lean centre most of the time and right and left on many issues. I didn’t have any difficulty understanding the question. English is my mother tongue. Regardless, You do have to be bilingual in this country to be Prime Minister. I don’t know, I think the Liberal Party screwed up choosing him as leader. I actually was quite surprised. I predict another minority government with Harper in Power with a few less seats.

[FONT=Tahoma]Here’s another opinion with some costs. [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]Unfortnately harper is going to creat a worse mess. So who’s left? Greens? NDP?[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]God help us all [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]It looks like we are in for a melt down and none of those bozos have a clue what to do about it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]****Carbon Tax ****
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]****The author of this, John Coates, lives in [/FONT]**[FONT=Tahoma]Nova Scotia[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]. He would be even more disgusted if he lived here in BC where we already have a Carbon Tax . **
[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]The Liberals Carbon Tax

Politicians have, in the past, used that old bull phrase of ‘cutting taxes’ to get you to vote for them. ****

****Now, Stéphane Dion, has come up with a new wrinkle on that old lie : ****[/FONT]

• [FONT=Tahoma]Tax your heating oil and anything else you burn to move your food and everything else that you have always had in your life… but, he’ll lower your income taxes.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]CONSIDER THIS from one person who has bothered to do the homework:
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]Mr. Dion says his carbon tax will be revenue neutral. So, I went online and found a carbon calculator and keyed in the annual energy consumption for our household and learned we produce 17 tons of greenhouse gas. Fully 60% of this usage is for electricity which we use to heat our home.**
    ****I have already improved insulation in my walls and replaced my windows and doors; use the new ‘twirley’ lights and ensured that my appliances are all Energy Star products. In the past 20 years, these measures reduced my electricity usage from 24,000 Kw Hrs per year to 16,000 Kw Hrs per year last year. ****

****What is my reward for this improved efficiency? ****[/FONT]

• <LI class=MsoNormal style=“mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in”>[FONT=Tahoma]My power bill is unchanged from what it was 20 years ago. **
    [/FONT]
    <LI class=MsoNormal style=“mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in”>
    [FONT=Tahoma]** But, my power bill would attract a carbon tax of 104 in year one of Mr. Dion's plan **[/FONT]**&lt;LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in"&gt;**[FONT=Tahoma]** and 416 in year four. [/FONT] - [FONT=Tahoma]My power bill would rise from $166 per month to $210 per month in year four.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]Since I live on a fixed income consisting of CPP and Old Age Security, my income tax bill runs at less than $200 per year. So, for my household, Mr. Dion’s ‘revenue neutral’ carbon tax will cost me $416 per year less income tax reductions of about $10 per year.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]****Revenue neutral? In a pig’s eye! This is a tax on seniors living on fixed incomes. ****

Well, Mr. Dion, you haven’t got a snowball’s chance in hell of ever getting my vote. I hope everyone else takes five minutes to run the same calculations I did and vote to send this joker to the political boneyard.**
SIGNED:***Jon C. Coates - **[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]70 Ridgevalley Rd.[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]* - Halifax, N.S. - B3P 2J9*[/FONT]*

[FONT=Tahoma]Factual data substantiating this: [/FONT]

• <LI class=MsoNormal style=“mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in”>[FONT=Tahoma]16.96 tons **
    [/FONT]
    <LI class=MsoNormal style=“mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in”>
    [FONT=Tahoma]** 60% of this is for electricity or 10.4 tons/year [/FONT]<LI class=MsoNormal style=“mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in”>[FONT=Tahoma] @ $10/ton in year 1 = $104 or $9/mo [/FONT]<LI class=MsoNormal style=“mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in”>[FONT=Tahoma] @ $20/ton in year 2 = $208 or $18/mo [/FONT]<LI class=MsoNormal style=“mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in”>[FONT=Tahoma] @ $30/ton in year 3 = $312 or $27/mo [/FONT]<LI class=MsoNormal style=“mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in”>[FONT=Tahoma] @ $40/ton in year 4 = $416 or $40/mo [/FONT] - [FONT=Tahoma]Income tax paid is $110/yr.
    [/FONT]

**[FONT=Tahoma]DON’T BUY INTO THE CARBON TAX !

PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK IN [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]CANADA[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma].
[/FONT]**
**[FONT=Tahoma]At first I thought this was funny…then I realized the awful truth of it. ****
****Be sure to read all the way to the end ****
[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]**The Tax Poem **

Tax his land, Tax his bed,**
Tax the table, At which he’s fed.
Tax his tractor, Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes, Are the rule.
Tax his work, Tax his pay,**
He works for peanuts, Anyway!
Tax his cow, Tax his goat,
Tax his pants, Tax his coat.
Tax his ties, Tax his shirt,**
Tax his work, Tax his dirt.
Tax his tobacco, Tax his drink,
Tax him if he tries to think.
Tax his cigars, Tax his beers,**
If he cries, Tax his tears.
Tax his car, Tax his gas,
**Find other ways to tax his *.
Tax all he has, Then let him know, ******
That you won’t be done, Till he has no dough.
When he screams and hollers, then tax him more,
Tax him till he’s good and sore.
Then tax his coffin, Tax his grave,

Tax the sod in which he’s laid.
Put these words, Upon his tomb,
’Taxes drove me to my doom…'
When he’s gone, Do not relax,

Its time to apply…
**The Inheritance Tax ******
Accounts Receivable Tax
Airline Surcharge tax
Airline Fuel Tax
Airport Maintenance Tax
Building Permit Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Death Tax
Dog License Tax
Driving Permit Tax
Employee Tax
Excise Taxes
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment (UI)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]GST[/FONT]**
[FONT=Tahoma]Gasoline Tax ( too much per litre)
Gross Receipts Tax
Health Tax
Hunting License Tax
Hydro Tax
Inheritance Tax
Interest Tax
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Mortgage Tax
Personal Income Tax
Poverty Tax
Prescription Drug Tax
Property Tax
Provincial Income Tax[/FONT]**

[FONT=Tahoma]PST[/FONT]**
[FONT=Tahoma]Real Estate Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Retail Sales Tax
Service Charge Tax
School Tax
Telephone Federal Tax
Telephone Federal, Provincial and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Water Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax …[/FONT]**

[FONT=Tahoma]STILL[/FONT]****[FONT=Tahoma]** THINK THIS IS FUNNY?[/FONT]

• <LI class=MsoNormal style=“mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4; tab-stops: list .5in”>[FONT=Tahoma]Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, **
    [/FONT]
    <LI class=MsoNormal style=“mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4; tab-stops: list .5in”>
    [FONT=Tahoma]our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world. [/FONT]<LI class=MsoNormal style=“mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4; tab-stops: list .5in”>[FONT=Tahoma]We had absolutely no national debt, [/FONT]<LI class=MsoNormal style=“mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4; tab-stops: list .5in”>[FONT=Tahoma]had a large middle class, [/FONT] - [FONT=Tahoma]and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]What in the hell happened???
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]Can you spell ‘politicians’???

I hope this goes around [/FONT]**[FONT=Tahoma]CANADA[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] at least 100 times!!! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]YOU can help it get there!!!

****GO AHEAD - - - be a CANADIAN !!! ****

SEND IT AROUND ****TO EVERYONE AND CHANGE IT !!! ****

[/FONT]

The new simple Income tax form:

How much did you make

Send it to me

Thanks

Your government

Cheers

Yes sir they sold us out to the International bankers!!!

[quote=“dcossar, post:1, topic:32631”]

OMG

Today, Stéphane Dion showed Canadians that he really does not have a plan for the economy:

[

I think understanding what he says here explains why he could not answer properly in that clip.

Viva Le Quebec! :):D:mrgreen:

Marcel :):smiley:
](“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrliDQs1Jps”)

He understood the question, he was asked three times. The fact is there is no plan. If you want taxes to go up be sure to vote Liberal. Raising taxes is not the answer to the economic woes. Sure everyone is concerned about the economy and their jobs. Why would anyone vote for a party with a new leader who continually shows just how little he understands economics and sound fiscal management. The answer is not to increase taxes but in fact to reduce them.

The Liberal leader is a man who simply cannot compromise on his convictions, even if it means losing his friends or faltering politically

Prime Minister candidates Stephen Harper, Stephane Dion and Jack Layton were flying to a debate.

Stephane looked at Stephen, Chuckled and said, You know I could throw a $1,000 bill out of the window right now and make somebody very happy.

Stephen shrugged his shoulders and replied, I could throw ten $100 bills out of the window and make ten people very happy.

Jack added, That being the case, I could throw one hundred $10 bills out of the window and make a hundred people very happy.

Hearing their exchange, the pilot rolled his eyes and said to his copilot,

They think thet are such big-shots back there.

I could throw all three of them out of the window and make 30 million people very happy

And with my luck Layton would land on me!:shock:

Probably with Olivia Chow strapped to his back!:wink:

Okay George,
So it is only 29,999,999 happy… :wink:

Is anybody surprised at the results? Is it me or is anyone else tired of bi-annual elections that just waste tax payers money? Lets hope we get at least 4 years out of this vote. :roll:

Charge the Conservatives the $100, $200, $??? millions for breaking their own promise/law and trying to get more power by trying to slip in an election!!! The party should get rid of Harper for his bumbling.

Bumbling? I’ll bet that the Liberal big brains are wishing that their leader bumbled like that! In the face of a liberal press, the lies of opposing parties and a world plunged into what ( if it has not already) will become a recession, that ‘failure’, Harper increased the number of seats for his party. It looks like Canada continues it’s evolution toward the political ‘right’.

Congratulations Canada.

May your conservative march continue.

Indeed. :slight_smile:

I’m glad that Canada is finally waking up and moving to the right. Unfortunately, it’s sad that while we’re moving to the right, the United States seems to be on its way to electing a dangerous, radical communist named Barack Obama. :frowning:

If only the GOP had nominated a real Republican like Ron Paul or Mike Huckabee, they wouldn’t be in the mess they’re in.

Ooops…wrong thread.

Thought this was about Nancy Pelosi

George:

What was the cost of Harper’s attempted “power grab” in defiance of his own promise/law of no elections until fall 2009?

I’ve heard up to $300 million…what a great way to spend our money…3 elections in 4 years!!!

With a minority, he may be ready to do it again within 18 months because he can’t see a way to get along with the other parties. His excuse for the election that “parliament wasn’t working” was the biggest piece of crap foisted on the Canadian public in years!!! Cost way more than the monies involved in the Liberals Quebec scandal!!