Prosperous times might be just around the corner

As long as I have been in the home inspection business, I never have financially benefited from overheated real estate activities in a seller’s market. But I always became busy and made good money when the marketplace had turned in favour of home buyers. The last time that happened was in the beginning of the 1990’s, and for a relatively short time in 2008, when panic buying, rigged multiple purchase offers, and manipulated bidding wars faded away.

The latest monthly sale figures released in Vancouver and Toronto give reason to suggest that the easy money making times for real estate brokers and their agents are finally over.

As a result prudent consumers may soon have the chance again to pick and choose without any pressure a suitable home, and can insist on having a home inspection before the contemplated purchase is being finalized.

The predicted slowdown in home sales might actually become beneficial for home inspectors for quite a while, or at least until the next real estate bubble is being created by the pseudo real estate industry.
RUDOLF REUSSE - Home Inspector since 1976 - Retired