Rob Parker News Paper article

http://virtual.homes-extra.ca/doc/Toronto-Sun-Homes/homesfeb20/2011021803/22.html#22

http://thamespec-inspections.com/ Great article in the Toronto sun News paper .

I see at the end of the article it says Rob is an ASHI and OAHI member and a CMI.

I see on His web site he shows ASHI and CAHPI Insignias but not NACHI.

I wonder why NACHI is not mentioned on his Web site

It has http://www.nachi.com/ But Not Internachi

Members of other associations are welcome to join InterNACHI but a requirement of membership
is that InterNACHI must be given equal or greater prominence in your marketing
(brochures and websites) as other associations you belong to.

I hope this is soon corrected

Deleted as a member. He cannot re-apply.

Thanks
Roy for pointing out the lack of the NACHI Logo, web site is under construction at this time so not all the info is there yet, and thanks for the comment on the News Paper Article.
Nick if you have removed my membership over this so be it, it would have been little more professional to let me know first and given the chance to correct the mistake be fore taking action.

I wonder should NACHI let all know what the rules are.

(" Members of other associations are welcome to join InterNACHI but a requirement of membership
(brochures and websites) as other associations you belong to.")

It might be a good idea to Give a warning first .
My Thoughts … Roy

Hey, Rob…

Just curious as to how you were able to represent all of your other affilliations on your site that is “under construction” but not this one.

It is particularly interesting that you published/plagiarized an article that was written by Nick Gromicko, word for word, and you not only failed to credit him with the piece…but included in your bio only those very same associations that you also seem to have been only able to represent on your “still under construction” web site…but not this one.

Maybe you can come up with a better excuse for failing to comply with the ethical standards of this association, Rob. This one doesn’t quite cut it.

As a Canadian,
Reputation is important!

Needless to say that this is a very regretfull incident with negative repercussions. Whatever the outcome, it will be for Nick to decide, but a retraction ought to be made by the culprit in the said paper right away in order to stop dammages to InterNACHI and its members.

Someone wasn’t thinking!

Circumstances of this “faux pas” must be explained, Nick, the author and founder of interNACHI should be given full credit for the wrongfully appropriated article and given a chance to comment in a constructive way as a “reparation” for the benifit of InterNACHI and all of us members that will be affected by this members available article.

Rob Parker, I believe that everyone is allowed a second chance but I beg you! Please make things right for all of us including yourself.

Marc-Andre Beauchemin, from Brossard-Quebec-Canada.
InterNACHI A Mari Usque Ad Mare in Canada.

For your info any member can use the articles list without royalty fees or need to credit the auther, check it out for yourselves

That means that you have Nick’s permission to copy his words…but do the people you bamboozled know that they attributed something to you that you did not really write? Did you disclose this to those you asked to publish it under the guise that you actually wrote it?

You still have not explained why you feel it appropriate to attribute Nick’s words to yourself…yet conceal, in the same article, your membership in this association as you also do on your web site.

I wonder what the publisher of the paper will think when they discover that your article is not really your article.

[quote=rcooke;

I wonder why NACHI is not mentioned on his Web site

It has [http://www.nachi.com/]
(http://www.nachi.com/) But Not Internachi

[/quote]

Don’t know if anyone noticed, but the above link is not for this site, it is for a Japanese robotics company. Click on the link from Rob’s site.

Thanks Brian
I will be talking to the web person and have the all important logos but up on the page.
James Bushart if you had read both article’s you would have noted that it was not copied word for word, as thing up here are a little different than the almighty USA.
Roy are you a little jealous of the fact that I have news paper article that orginally was only puplished in the London paper and now goes even further. I am not jealous of your radio show,so whats the problem.

I see. So you modified Nick’s article without his permission and passed it off as your own. Thanks for the clarification.

Rob you are not nice no where can you find that I am jealous .
Your news articles come to me email and when I post them .
You are always given good credits from me .
I am disappointed in you saying some thing like this and it is not called for and is in very poor taste.
**I do think you owe me an apology , **
Please read my post again .

http://thamespec-inspections.com/
[size=3] Great article in the Toronto sun News paper .

[/size]

James get a life, I do not know nor do I wish to know you. Yes I changed the wording to suit things in Canada as they are not the same as the USA there are other countrys. I guess then you would have problems with Canadain or for that matter members from other country’s who change the NACHI inspection agreement to suit law’s of their country if they did not have permision from Nick.
Roy you started this by pointing out that the Nachi Logo was not on my site, it got missed and will be corrected. If you had gone further into my site (click on the about button) you would have seen that I do in fact list Nachi.

Who said I wanted to know you? I never heard of you until Roy’s post.

The code of ethics requires that you give your NACHI logo equal prominence to that of any other association, by the way. Your hidden links don’t count.

And I will just as soon as I can get it done

Errors have been made and this is too bad it happened .
This will I am sure work out well and it could be a great as now others who also are not in Compliance need to try and get their Website fixed so this does not happen to another member.
We are all trying to make a living and help others when we can .
… Thanks… Roy Cooke

(" Members of other associations are welcome to join InterNACHI but a requirement of membership

Mr Parker if you passed an InterNACHI article or part of an InterNACHI article as your own you have violated the copyright act. InterNACHI owns the article and grants all InterNACHI members permission to use InterNACHI’s publications provided credit is given. In the case of using InterNACHI publications on a web site you must credit InterNACHI by showing InterNACHI’s logos equal in size to the other logos on that site.
Canada’s copyright act states in part and applies to all WTO members.
Moral rights
14.1 (1) The author of a work has, subject to section 28.2, the right to the integrity of the work and, in connection with an act mentioned in section 3, the right, where reasonable in the circumstances, to be associated with the work as its author by name or under a pseudonym and the right to remain anonymous.
No assignment of moral rights
(2) Moral rights may not be assigned but may be waived in whole or in part.
No waiver by assignment
(3) An assignment of copyright in a work does not by that act alone constitute a waiver of any moral rights.

In other words you must have permission and as a member you have permission but you also must give credit to the author.
If the article was written by an employee the article or work is owned by the company, in this case InterNACHI or NACHI as the case maybe. This applies to the whole or any part of the article used.
To do otherwise is an unlawful act.
So Mt Parker if you modified an InterNACHI article you must give credit to the original author. To pass it off as yours or another association is a violation of the copyright act.
PS All copyrights last fifty years.

Here is the deal. It’s kind of a common sense thing. If you have a nice InterNACHI logo on your home page, no one here cares what you do. You can remove my name and put your name on any of my articles, I won’t squawk. You can stay in my guest room when you visit Colorado. You can borrow my socks if you forgot yours.

Were did Mr. Parker do wrong?