A sad sad day for Canada

It is a very sad day for Canadian Home Inspectors it is with great remorse that Raymond Wand is no longer a NACHI member – not by choice. I will truly miss his badgering on of OAHI, his constant challenging of improprieties in our industry, his witty sense of humour.

I feel that a wedge has been driven between our two nations and that is very unfortunate for all.

I wish you well, Raymond.

You will be truly missed but never forgotten.

Who???

Due to the Malicious treatment and Removal from NACHI of Raymond Wand by Joe Farsetta.
I am Going into Hibernation from The NACHI BB.
If any one want to correspond with me I will do my best to help them and answer any questions .
You can get me at Roycooke@sympatico.ca or 613-475-1144.
I have enjoyed all the questions and giving help where I have been able to.
I loved my 4+ years as a NACHI Member and will Cherish my Canadian NACHI member of the Year award for 2006.
I wish every one here all the best and hope you are as busy as I am.
I do hope fair and equal treatment of all members is soon available at NACHI.

Roy Cooke … Royshomeinspection.com

I do not know all of the details as what has transpired between Raymond Wand and Joe Farsetta. But one does not need to know the details to see that there was little to no due process with regards to Raymond’s removal. My feeling is that if this same situation transpired between Raymond and anyone else that Raymond would not have been removed so promptly.

While I’m not entirely sure of the details that happened here we have seen this same pattern before. There always seems to be one common denominator (person).

It would seem that none of the many positive and informative posts that Raymond has made or his help with local events has any weight or concideration from NACHI.

I am struggleing to justify my support for an organization that will instantly turn and attack one of its own without proper due process.

I will also be going into “hibernation” and like the other 83% of members not be posting to the board. The only exception will be to the awards committee as I have made a commitment to them.

I am not sure about my membership renewal at this point but when it comes up for renewal the choice to renew will not be so clear this time around.

goodbye

Now What the hell else does it take to wake you guys up.

Square heads, I use to call them when I was young.

I might go into hibernation too. If that is the will of the almighty.

And who is that almighty? The one that has not yet said thank you?

You are an as$hole.

Careful, Mario.

When Joe Farsetta said that to Ray Wand, he started a thread that got him in trouble.:wink:

Bob, Paul, Mario, I am with you on this one. If you need to contact me please feel free to Email me. Until this is FAIRLY resolved . . . . . .
George

Nick;

The decision to remove Ray Wand is unfair and unacceptable. Apparently nobody south of the border is aware of, or cares about the situation in Canada. Mr. Wand is instrumental in both fighting the steam roller that is O.A.H.I. / C.A.P.H.I. and in recruiting new members to InterNachi Canada. These facts appear to be less important than the effect that Ray’s words had on Mr. Farsetta’s ego.

So be it. Apparently we are not all big boys.

Furthermore, having the ‘President’ act as judge and jury, ruling on a situation like this in mere minutes without giving Ray a chance at defending his position and without talking to Roy Cooke is the sort of treatment expected of lesser organizations. Mr. Wand has been subjected to a ‘Kangaroo court’ and this stands as a very clear lesson to the rest of us mere mortals.

I, like Roy Cooke, am very disappointed in those who rule InterNachi. A grave injustice has been done to Ray Wand, the membership and most importantly to Internachi and it is making at least the Canadian membership and those considering membership to rethink their futures with this organization. My membership is due in the next few weeks. I will withhold my payment until this situation is properly addressed by persons less willing to use haste and sarcasm when dealing with my ‘late friend’ Raymond Wand. I urge my fellow Canadian and American members and all those who are entertaining membership to do the same.

• Raymond Wand be reinstated as a member until such time as a decision is reached by a majority of ALL the members of the ESOP Committee, not just the members available in a less than six hour time frame on a Friday night.
  • Blaine Wiley be asked to provide a formal complaint against Raymond Wand as he stated he intended to do specifically stating the alleged breaches of either/or the message board rules and the Code of Ethics provision.
  • Raymond Wand be asked to provide a formal complaint against Joe Farsetta as he stated he intended to do specifically stating the alleged breaches of either/or the message board rules and the Code of Ethics provision…
  • That Raymond Wand be asked to provide an explanation of his actions to include the e-mail exchanges.
  • That all members of the committee be provided a copy of Joe Farsetta’s “written reply to Raymond Wand’s allegations”. to include the complete e-mail exchanges.
    *]That Roy Cooke be asked to provide a statement regarding the phone calls from Joe Farsetta in which Joe Farsetta allegedly threatened Raymond Wand with expulsion.

*Nick;

The decision to remove Ray Wand is unfair and unacceptable. Apparently nobody south of the border is aware of, or cares about the situation in Canada. Mr. Wand is instrumental in both fighting the steam roller that is O.A.H.I. / C.A.P.H.I. and in recruiting new members to InterNachi Canada. These facts appear to be less important than the effect that Ray’s words had on Mr. Farsetta’s ego.

So be it. Apparently we are not all big boys.

Furthermore, having the ‘President’ act as judge and jury, ruling on a situation like this in mere minutes without giving Ray a chance at defending his position and without talking to Roy Cooke is the sort of treatment expected of lesser organizations. Mr. Wand has been subjected to a ‘Kangaroo court’ and this stands as a very clear lesson to the rest of us mere mortals.

I, like Roy Cooke, am very disappointed in those who rule InterNachi. A grave injustice has been done to Ray Wand, the membership and most importantly to Internachi and it is making at least the Canadian membership and those considering membership to rethink their futures with this organization. My membership is due in the next few weeks. I will withhold my payment until this situation is properly addressed by persons less willing to use haste and sarcasm when dealing with my ‘late friend’ Raymond Wand. I urge my fellow Canadian and American members and all those who are entertaining membership to do the same. *

• *Raymond Wand be reinstated as a member until such time as a decision is reached by a majority of ALL the members of the ESOP Committee, not just the members available in a less than six hour time frame on a Friday night. *
  • *Blaine Wiley be asked to provide a formal complaint against Raymond Wand as he stated he intended to do specifically stating the alleged breaches of either/or the message board rules and the Code of Ethics provision. *
  • *Raymond Wand be asked to provide a formal complaint against Joe Farsetta as he stated he intended to do specifically stating the alleged breaches of either/or the message board rules and the Code of Ethics provision… *
  • *That Raymond Wand be asked to provide an explanation of his actions to include the e-mail exchanges. *
  • *That all members of the committee be provided a copy of Joe Farsetta’s “written reply to Raymond Wand’s allegations”. to include the complete e-mail exchanges. *
    *]That Roy Cooke be asked to provide a statement regarding the phone calls from Joe Farsetta in which Joe Farsetta allegedly threatened Raymond Wand with expulsion.

I am in support with you guys .

That may be so. Take a different perspective for a moment. This is a home inspection organization with a message board. There are a lot of opportunities to learn and share ideas about home inspection, anything outside of that is fluff. “A sad sad day for Canada” would have little to do with home inspection. If my opinion makes me an a$$hole, then so be it. I’ll be working next week with or without whoever it is that won’t be a member here, and so will the person that won’t be here. When I’m booked with work I don’t have time to read or post to the fluff. Many get so passionate about the social aspect of this profession and that’s OK for them. I for one, and there may be others that are serious about their business and work in it or at it regularly. The bottom line- never booked an inspection because of the fluff, it just doesn’t matter. Let me be the a$$hole, the working a$$hole and you can be whatever it is you are.

Some one thought it best to give me a bad square and leave a comment something like “and I could say the same thing about you”. My point exactly!
This fluff has nothing to do with home inspection, this is a home inspection organization. We are here voluntarily understanding that there are rules. I can’t say for sure but I don’t think anyone was ever removed from this organization that wasn’t involved some “fluff fest”. Remember this is a voluntary membership, the is no due process, there are no inalienable rights. It’s a club.

Sincerely,
A$$hole

James,

How can you sleep at night?

What Ray did was wrong no argument with me, but given a few days I/we could have resolved the issue. I’m sure Joe didn’t want this to go this far, why did you?
You took a personal interest in this decision and you fast tracked the entire process. Shame on you James and the ethics committee members that you say voted on this.

You made four stupid posts prior to these last two. You were either trying to elicit a response (and you succeeded) or you are just plain stupid.

If you are so interested in your “appointment book” as you say, why are you showing an interest in something that doesn’t concern you?

This is a very serious issue, and we need serious responses not Bull$hit!!!

Me, either.

Mario

Watch out James Bushfart will have you thrown out, drawn and quartered and hung, he hasn’t got a civil or fair bone in his body he is a replica of Joe F. We know how his Kangaroo court works and how his partially formed brian functions!

James stop sending harassing emails, you are breaking your own rules you rube!

I have a little spare time. I paid my $289 so it concerns me as much as anybody. Glad I don’t have more time, apparently there isn’t much in everyone’s book. Having an empty book is a very serious issue, this is just fluff-enjoy.

Sincerely,
“Stupid A$$hole”

And what rules do you understand? Fair ethical treatment and due process or the rule of the jungle?

If you can’t say for sure maybe you should find out. The fact is you are wrong, I am just the latest casuality for reposting a private email that broke no rules! This is not some fluff fest, this is about fair equitable rights to due process. The same rights you expect in a democratic society.

Thats right and you don’t have any rights so remember that and thank your lucky stars that you may be the next victim dependent on a few crack pots whims and wishes. The fact is with this sort of nonsense it calls into question the whole legality of the whole organization.

Mario,

Your post holds the key. None of this needed to hapen. The ball was in someone’s court and still is. He refuses to acknowledge any of it. He apparetly never will.

Instead of wanting to clear the air, he has decided to start a series of threads about this series of unfortunate events. The pattern of throwing gasoline on a raging fire continues.

Regardless of whether he believes he was wronged or not, all that was needed was for him to remove his post. He refused. Now there is a 14 page trail of destruction between both sides of the border. Even if he removes the post, the rest remains. He has stasrted 2 new threads, one of which only contains my last reply to him, with none of his own.

My friend, I wonder if your intervention would have had a positive affect. My arms have been down for the past two days. The tirade continues.

Ray now calls any Canadian who paid a fee to NACHI as being hoodwinked. He calls CMI a joke. He taunts me that he still has his soapbox.

Yes, he can still post on the BB. His message will still go out to Canadian members about the goings on at OAHI.

So, who benefitted from this? ME? Not hardly. Ray still gets to use this message board. I still get crap thrown at me.

Ray,

I posted a reply to you, which was short and well thought out. I deleted it and replaced it with this one.

The entire situation is sad. Unfortunately, you cant see it.