Same old OAHI

I understand that OAHI had their AGM on April 13th, and as usual it turned into a heated exchange between members and the board.

The board is now made up of 5 members and the president. No interested parties ran so the same president/directors are back in.

Questions with regard to finances to the board went no where.

CAHPI financial statements which OAHI members pay into were not released.

OAHI is not interested in protecting the RHI designation or its logo.
Two cases remain unresolved and no interest in taking the offenders to task via court as per powers of PR 158.

OAHI is a shadow of its former self.

Well that was not the case with our first AGM and I suspect will never happen within OntarioAchi. We openly showed the amount in the account at the meeting. We also gave info as to the amount of Payed members and even Len Scott and Myself have not dipped into the Cooky jar for any help getting to the AGM or prep work involved.
My trip cost me about $500.00 in lost work and $200.00 travel.
Good thing it is only once a year.:mrgreen:
That being said it was well worth being there to see the support of the members involved so far and be involved with an Association that has 2 clear focuses among others.
VOICE a Voluntary Organization In Collaborative Engagement
Protection of the Home Inspection Association in Ontario as a PROFESSION not a TRADE.

So… why didn’t you run for office???

It’s interesting to see why some still continue to feel the need to point out the alleged problems of others.

It’s also interesting to see why many posts seem to focus on putting down others.

Can’t understand why the business of other associations needs to be highlighted here. Plain and simply it’s there business. If the other associations did the same to your favoured association how would you feel?

More so how does any of this nonsense help the industry?

Can’t we get back to the helping one another and at least work towards a common good for one and all.

Sad fact is they do Claude so until that stops they will always be targeted by some. However I do agree that there should be a way to stop this childish bashing of Association Credentials and move forward to unify the Home Inspection Industry for the good of all involved with the Profession.
I have opened that avenue up to all in Ontario and we as an Association are willing to help do this.
As for Education paths we will not touch that portion and concentrate on Home Inspectors Continuing Education after.
So in other words after we see what is offered by others paths we will add it to the CE for free or you will need to go somewhere else.

[quote=“clawrenson, post:4, topic:77235”]

It’s interesting to see why some still continue to feel the need to point out the alleged problems of others.

It’s also interesting to see why many posts seem to focus on putting down others.

Can’t understand why the business of other associations needs to be highlighted here. Plain and simply it’s there business.
If the other associations did the same to your favoured association how would you feel?

More so how does any of this nonsense help the industry?

Can’t we get back to the helping one another and at least work towards a common good for one and all.[/QUO

Claude to say you of all people are also one who does not do the proper thing .
You also feel it is OK for you to complain but others should not .
It is you who try to get people to take your courses join your association and seldom gives any facts .
You Like to complain when caught posting false information and try to intimidate me and others.
The facts are too many like you try to take advantage on the newbies .

Sad to see OAHI scam so many newbies even sadder to see you Claude condones it.

Remember Whistler
http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4935

Bill has a big announcement coming soon
http://www.nachi.org/forum/showpost.php?p=166560&postcount=103

Thank you for the response. Please feel free to post the false information, futhermore please feel free to provide document proof of your allegations.

Please Claude would you be so kind as to show what False info I have posted .or are you as per usual going to avoid .

Was this false information on the NHICC web site

Thanks Claude

Why is the following now missing from the NHICC web site ???

</SPAN>
In addition, all roles and responsibilities related to the NCP explicitly
aligned to CAN-P-9 criteria (ISO certification) /or alternatively ICE - NCCA
accredited.
* The status of all former “certificate holders” (Now National Home
Inspectors™), Candidates, and accredited course providers would revert to
that existing model prior to abolition, thus reducing the hardship on
certificants.

The NHICC has established that its By-Laws, Policies and Procedures that
mirror CAN-P-9/ICE compliance. *
It also seeks additional accreditation with
organizational ties that align with ISO Accreditation.
[FONT=Calibri]The NHICC is a proud member of ICE – Institute for Credentialing Excellence[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]
*Third-party certification ensures that claims by home inspectors and their respective association on quality characteristic of their professional commitment and credibility are sound and reliable. Therefore the NHICC maintains registration as an organization member of ICE- Institute for Credentialing Excellence to assure ongoing compliance. *

Roy, Roy, Roy, read what it says. Where did the NHICC claim to be certified, accredited or whatever in those statements.

There’s nothing misleading about what was stated. We had our legal team review it.

The NHICC is seeking accreditation and thus was obliged by the independent external review of our application to mirror or in other words fulfil - aka - meet ALL terms for “compliance”. This includes revisions to our by-laws, policies and procedures.

Thus we still remain a proud member of ICE.

You are welcome to believe otherwise! But it does not make it a lie, untruthful or misleading as you claim or want to believe.

It’s been almost 3 months since this nonsense went public on several forums by you and your friends. We are still awaiting official documented warnings that claiming to mirror or as some may say - follow a standard is illegal.

Define mirror - show a reflection of

When presented with something that does not match your very rigid preconceptions of what should entertain you this very second, you lash out with the all the weaponry at your disposal, including your own brand of lies and misleading commentaries. There’s only so many times you can cry wolf before people will see and read the posts that you and your cohorts for what you represent as equally lacking in professionalism.

**BTW - most of the previous board of OAHI is back in place. **

Same old Claude

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial