Spam from Nachi?

Just received this in my personal email and found this sentence interesting to say the least - “All you do is register EVERY clients information and they will automatically be sent a contract for a FREE 30 day warranty.”

Who exactly was it from?

I got the same message Claude

The message goes on to say that the warranty company will pay $50.00 when a client purchases an extended warranty:twisted:

I don’t think I want to subject my clients to that type of thing!

Cheers

I almost felt insulted by being left out :slight_smile: but…here it is, “nice” offer being embedded as a “Request via InterNACHI”.

Request via InterNACHI: ATTENTION…All OntarioACHI inspectors

Canadian Insured Home Warranty
This is a message from: Canadian Insured Home Warranty info@cihomewarranty.com
To Me

Today at 9:02 AM

This email contains blocked images

Show Images
Options

This is a message from: Canadian Insured Home Warranty <info@cihomewarranty.com>
Here’s his or her message:
ATTENTION: ALL OntarioACHI INSPECTORS. Starting retroactively from Feb1st 2014, there is a FREE 30 days home warranty with EVERY OntarioACHI home inspection!!! There is NO cost or obligation from either the inspector or the client. This will be just “part of the service” when a customer chooses to use an OntarioACHI home inspector. All you do is register EVERY clients information and they will automatically be sent a contract for a FREE 30 day warranty. The staff at Canadian Insured Home Warranty will contact the client to verify closing date etc, and offer the client an extended term with ZERO percent interest payments. If the client chooses to extend the term, then a $50 referral fee is paid for each client! Most inspectors enter the information daily. But it can be done every weekend also. Just be sure to enter EVERY one because we don’t want a customer to discover they should have had a free warranty, but didn’t receive. The warranty start date is the closing date. If you don’t know the date, Canadian Insured Home Warranty will collect that.
To enter the information for each inspection simply fill in the info’ by going to https://www.fluidreplies.com/default.aspx?key=XF1ER8 or contact by phone or e-mail and you will get all the information you need. 877 303 5695 or info@cihomewarranty.com
SPAMMERS!!!

Gee I do not see much difference then the Posts Bill Mullen and Claude lawrenson made Regarding how we all need to get involved with NHICC and take their courses as this was sure to be needed if you want to stay in the industry.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f48/do-you-like-ontario-international-association-certified-home-inspectors-logo-52910/index5.html#post1069629

Claude, in the “From” line… is it really from InterNACHI? Are you certain?

from: Canadian Insured Home Warranty info@cihomewarranty.com
to: Claude Lawrenson <clawrenson@acncanada.net>
date: Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 9:09 PM
subject: Request via InterNACHI: ATTENTION…All OntarioACHI inspectors
mailed-by: outgoing.internachi.org
signed-by: internachi.org
: Important mainly because it was sent directly to you.

Each to their own, but I’m just asking the question if this 'spam from NACHI" or just another vendor plying their wares. It also assumes and addresses this to me as a member of not just NACHI but also: “ATTENTION: ALL OntarioACHI INSPECTORS”.

I also have an issue regarding the reference to offering a “referral fee”. This is simply suspect and open to potential abuse just like a few other “programs”.

What?
Nothing like that at all!

BTW: I raised this type of scenario at one of the MCS consultation meetings. From a consumer perspective it should and likely may become prohibited. Simply is the inspector there to inspect or offer incentives for ones own additional financial gain?

Again just my take personal data is being traded or transferred to a 3rd party.

So it isn’t from InterNACHI, and it isn’t solely to InterNACHI members. Thread title kind of misleading.

Thanks Nick…but it certainly tends to imply that it is!

The email or the thread title… or both? :wink:

subject: Request via InterNACHI: ATTENTION…All OntarioACHI inspectors
mailed-by: outgoing.internachi.org
signed-by: internachi.org

Received this as well. Spam city - the website as stated in the email address doesn’t open.

Anything that opens “Here’s his or her message:” is a dead giveaway of spam.

Received: from nachi.org (nachi.nachi.org [66.45.229.10])
by ismtpd-017 (SG) with ESMTP id 144a27674fe.ca8.98112c
for <jim@jimspect.com>; Sat, 08 Mar 2014 16:11:16 +0000 (GMT)
From: Canadian Insured Home Warranty <info@cihomewarranty.com>
Subject: Request via InterNACHI: ATTENTION…All OntarioACHI inspectors
Return-Path: InterNACHI <no-reply@internachi.org>
To: Jim Robinson <jim@jimspect.com>
Message-ID: <144a27674fe.ca8.98112c@ismtpd-017>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 16:11:16 +0000 (UTC)

Sender: Canadian Insured Home Warranty <info=cihomewarranty.com@internachi.org>

I don’t normally comment on these types of threads but I will here.

Why do you think Christopher or anyone else was implicating you in this thread? None of the comments by anyone mentioned you, your company, your products, your clients or family. Yet you put yourself into defense mode as if someone has attacked you.

That’s all I have to say. I already know how you will respond to me. It doesn’t matter. :wink:

Have a great day everyone. I know I will.

Thanks David I have Nathan On My ignore and did not see his post .
He seems to think he needs to reply to a lot of posts that really should not be any of his Business . Thanks again … Roy

Signs of a guilty conscience.

Not me I have no concerns what he does .
I just see no advantage to reading all the BS that goes on some of these strings.
I always try to do what I feel is best.