Coming soon... free, online, meth inspection course.

InterNACHI… #1 in Inspector Training!

That is what I have been looking for, Thanks!

James, also, NACHI.TV shot a show on this last week, should aire this week.

Here it is: http://www.nachi.tv/episode46

Nick,
It might be good for the inspectors that are going to offer testing if NACHI could be part of this site.

"My son bought a home in TN that was used as a meth lab in 2004. No one ever told him before he bought the home and no one was liable for it because no laws were in place requiring any agency to disclose that to him. He found out about the home’s history from neighbors in 2007, after he lived in the home with his wife and young sons. It cost him thousands of dollars to get the home decontaminated. His home owner’s insurance was cancelled too, when they discovered his home’s history. He finally sold the home this year, after receiving a certificate of cleanliness from the state of TN. Unlike my son, the buyers of his home had the advantage of knowing the home’s history. They also had the advantage of buying a home that is toxin free.
If you want to find out if a home has been previously used as a meth lab, my recommendation is don’t rely solely on the DEA clandestine meth lab registry for information. It is not a complete list. My recommendation is to call the local police department and the local health department to find out if the home was ever used as a meth lab. Check the disclosure regulations in your state about meth lab homes. Don’t assume that your state requires a seller to disclose that and don’t assume all sellers will disclose that either. Also, know that banks can sell foreclosure homes without having to disclose that information. They are not held to the same standards as private sellers.

I have started a web site www.methlabhomes.com to educate others about meth lab homes because of my son’s experience of buying a foreclosed home in TN in 2004. Since 1999, there have been over 100,000 meth lab busts in the U.S. according to DEA statistics. However, I’ve seen estimates that there may be as many as 1 million meth lab homes in the U.S.
I would love to hear more about meth lab concerns from the prospective of realtors. You can email me at methlabhomes@gmail.com
Thank you for bringing up this important topic! The more others know about the dangers of meth labs, the safer we will all be!’

08/16/2008 01:07 PM by methlabhomes.com