Grow Op Soil Disposal

Had a question asked at the Trade Show yesterday about soil from a marajuana grow op. Apparently when xlean up was taking place, the soil in the pots left in the house as ell as other soil was spread over he lawn in the back yard.

Question. Will this cause health (or other) problems for new purchasers?

I was really unsure how to respond. My feelings are that t is organic and will be aborbed in time but, told the realtor I would ask the pro’s in this area of expertise.

Thanks
Allan

How do you know it’s organic. They could have been pouring all sorts of grow chemicals to the plants to produce long, fuzzy, really potent, flowery buds. :cool: Err…that’s what I’ve heard, anyway. Deferring it is good.

Larry,
Thats why I asked the question (my feeling potting soil/organic). Your right about the chemicals. To my way of thinking, this should have been removed from the area as well but not sure. I know I would have real concerns if it was a meth lab.

The only way to know for sure is to have a soil remediation co come & take some soil samples for testing. It’s the same for furnace oil spills in ground. Doug

What sort of fertilizers are used in grow ups? Manure, Miracle Grow, Pot ash?
Sprays?

I think it is basically the same as they grow tomatoes in side With ,Hydroponic.
My feeling is spread it on the lawn should be great.
…Cookie

A healthy lawn is a happy lawn :smiley: .

Keep the lawn watered in the heat of summer. If it burns it omits a funny odour. haha. Doug

I agree with Roy 100% on this. The plant itself is an enhanced (High THP) form of hemp. (Grown world wide for it’s fibers.) Since there isn’t any “refining” going on, especially in regards to the soil, I personally wouldn’t be concerned. BTW, they used to grow hemp in the US to make rope, hence the old cowboy statement, “The old boy must have been smokin’ rope.”

CYA would dictate also including a statement about the only way to know for sure what is in the soil is to have it tested.

PS. Be sure to feed the lawn plenty…it’ probably got the munchies. :wink:

Fungicides and insecticides could present a problem. I suppose, as indicated before, the only way to know for sure is to have it tested.

If you go into a hydroponics store, you will find that most of the fungicides and insecticides sold there are organic in nature and wont harm the grass (the outside variety). As to the chemicals used in pot growing, they are mainly used for rapid growth, so again, shouldn’t harm anything outside. Not being a chemist or botanist, this is only my opinion.

In addition to the problem of mould, grow ops also raise the specter of toxic smoke as well as land and
groundwater contamination. Operators often store large quantities of chemicals such as liquid nutrients,
pesticides, and fungicides on the premises. Hyper-oxygen, diazinon, and malthion are examples of
chemicals found at grow ops. If ignited, some of these chemicals could engender toxic smoke. If spilled
in the grounds surrounding a dwelling, the liquid nutrients and fertilizers could engender land and
water pollution. Figure 24 shows the array of chemicals typically contained in a grow op.
**Figure 24: Chemicals used in grow op

I would think twice about spreading the soil on the lawn!!!

… anymore than chemicals people put on their gardens and lawns to kill grass and control weeds?