Mold, Marketing, and Money.

There are several reasons why you should be doing mold surveys. First, you’re already doing them. Every time you do an inspection you’re looking for leaks and suspicious stains and reporting on them, so why not call them mold surveys and be paid extra for doing them?
*Second, you should never miss an opportunity to market yourself, protect your assets, and educate your clients. And you can do this for pennies a day, by giving them an attractive, informative, and colored brochure called “Indoor Air Quality: What You Need to Know.” *
*You’ll be marketing your services by giving them a housewarming gift, protecting your assets by warning them in print about environmental contaminants, and earning their respect by giving them information essential to their welfare. The truth is, mold is gold and the rush is on. *
*To order NACHI’s computerized IAC2 mold report-writer, go to www.nachireports.com](http://www.nachireports.com) *
*To order indoor air quality brochures, go to *www.nachibookstore.com](http://www.nachibookstore.com)

How true Mold is Gold. I have been pretty steady with Mold for about two years now. It gets better all the time. By the way, check out these photos of a very large commercial project I am involved in. This is a very small taste of the entire project. Survey done, pretesting coming, and clearance then to follow. I will not discuss the “Gold” as Nick says that is involved but you can imagine. At least 40+ samples each trip!
Conference RM1.jpg Conference Rm2.jpg Kitchen.jpg

Conference Rm2.jpg

Have a few more good ones of this job if you would like to see. Just let me know!
Randy

Randy,
What report writing system do you use?

Linus,
I am still basic, I use ESA/Pro-lab. I don’t do much in the Mold Inspection area as I do in the Air Sampling like I used to. So that system is a good stand by. This was more or less a look to determine the amount of testing both pre and post that will be needed. It is a very big building and a walk through was needed for a look and estimation. I guess you could say a fly by survey. It honestly looks like something you would see from the Katrina aftermath.
Randy

What software program do you use to write a report. Don’t you write a report?

I use a system I wrote myself that is basically in narrative style in Word which I convert to PDF accompanied with photos, although it will not be used in this case. I mostly do testing and rarely use a report any longer other than the results from the lab with a small summary basically about fixing and controlling the situation. In this case it is apparent to my clients but they are worried more so about the types and levels to help prepare for the remediation, legal aspects and the auction thereafter. Sorry I misunderstood your question.
Randy

Thanks Randy. I was thinking of going with the Porter Software.

Thank you Linus! You have actually prompted me to pull out some records and look at the mold portion of my business. It is growing very fast especially as the word gets out and gets stronger. Have you seen quite a bit of growth in this area of your business? Maybe Porter Software is something to look into.
Randy

Randy,
I PM’d you. Give me a call and I’ll fill you in on my increase in mold inspections. I ordered the software.

Done deal Linus.

I just downloaded the software and it is really user friendly. Good bang for the buck with more people asking for a report I don’t have time to create my own. Nice program if you do mold. Thanks Keith and Nick.:slight_smile:

Linas. Go get 'em.