NEHA approves InterNACHI's free, online radon course for 16 hours.

That is good NEWS!! Thanks!

Yeah, it means auto state approval in many states.

Nick…can you elaborate a little on this? This 16 hour online course will allow members to be certified radon testers in some states without any more testing, courses, etc…?

It looks like the “approved” 16 hours are for Continuing Education courses.

InterNACHI hasbeen approved as a NEHA Educational Member”

“One of the services NEHA provides is to pre-approve continuing education coursework in environmental health.”

I sent my application in to NEHA for my initial license and my application was approved listing InterNACHI as my pre licensing training provider. According to Angel at NEHA they no longer update their website.

John

Good to know.

John… how about posting a link to exactly the application your are referring to? Thx.

Is this approved by PA for Continuing Education for PA DEP Radon License?

I see it is not…
I will send a link on to PA DEP…
see what happens…

I would love to . . . If one existed. I have received nothing but horrible customer service from NEHA. They stated that they no longer update lists of course providers.

I copied and pasted the email below:

[RIGHT][RIGHT]Subject:[/RIGHT][/RIGHT]
Please forward to Angle
[RIGHT][RIGHT]From:[/RIGHT][/RIGHT]
Janna <janna@nrpp.info>
(Add as Preferred Sender)
[RIGHT][RIGHT]Date:[/RIGHT][/RIGHT]
Wed, Mar 13, 2013 11:47 am
[RIGHT][RIGHT]To:[/RIGHT][/RIGHT]
john@evansville-home-inspector.com

From
Subject (Thread Messages)
Date
Size

Good Afternoon,

John,
I have contacted Angel Price and she stated that the InterNACHI class meets all requirements for pre-licensing training. Upon completion of the exam, please provide proof of course completion and payment to be listed as a certified radon measurement provider. Please feel free to call or email with questions.

Sincerely,
Janna Sinclair

Administrative Assistant
National Radon Proficiency Program
NRPP

john@evansville-home-inspector.com wrote:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Radon Training
Date: Thu, February 21, 2013 9:16 am
To: angel@nrpp.info
Hello,
I am aquiring about radon training classes to become a radon measurment service provider. I have completed the 16 hour InterNACHI radon measurement training class. Your website does not list the InterNACHI class but also states that the list of training providers is not complete. Can you please advise on whether this class meets the educational requirements of the NRPP.
I have attached a description of the coursework below.
I can be reached at 812-499-3838 or john@Evansville-Home-Inspector.com with any and all comments.
Regards,
John Taylor
Absolute Perfection Home Inspection, LLC

Thanks John. I get the old run-a-round from them also, thus my request. Nick’s post doesn’t help one bit as it just adds to the confusion as he isn’t exact in his statements. What he posted is for CE’s , not initial certification, which is what this was all about in the beginning!

So, how much $$$ did you have to send in for the above certification???

Thanks.

Read this email:

I think it is pretty clear. NRPP is confirming that InterNACHI’s course is good for pre-licensing.

It wasn’t until John posted the info.

Thanks John!

That’s true.