New show on mold eradication with ozone.

www.nachi.tv

Yeah tell that to my clients who are suing the hell out of a remediation company who sold them on this crap!
Ozone does not kill mold!
I have just completed a full spectrum sampling protocol on a commercial building where we found high cfm counts in three different types of pen-asp, stachy, and cladosporium after the ozone remediation. The ozone smell is still in the building after 2 months.
Don’t be fooled

Mark,

Was this the same outfit? Were they using the same machines?

In the video Bob Wegbreit discusses some of the problems with older systems, and how his sysem is different (more improved).

Bottom line, if your clients used Bob’s company/system and it didn’t work then there is no point in persuing it. If theirs was something different, then may be it does work.

Sincerely wanting to know.
Mark N.

I’m not sure if it was the same company. I doubt it. But it was the newest and greatest machines. I don’t know of any IH who believes it works.
Just to give you an example. I had Stachy chartarum at 4,000 CFU on a viable test after a complete ozone eradication. If you know about the different mold species than you would know that chartarum is the bad boy of the stachy family and is defiantly toxic.

I watched the show, but it seemed to be a common sense approach to removing mold, with minimal remediation(they define removal of building material and expensive). Addressed the cause, then kill the mold, then remove the visible mold/spores.

Wasn’t this a sound idea?

tom

Here is what my clients were left with after ozone remediation. Notice the mold is still there. They only removed insulation an some wall board but didn’t scrape, sand, or spray seal anything. No hepa vacs no nothing just removal of some dry wall and power up the machines.

IMG.jpg

IMG.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

The guest on the show addressed this pretty well I thought. www.nachi.tv

Guess what? Same company, how interesting.

Mark I found out it’s the same company.

Dry Ice Blasting would work very well in the photo’s shown. Doug

That’s what was done the second time around.

Mark,

I had a mold expert scare the crap out of one of my clients after finding 4,000 CFUs in a 4"x4" square behind the paneling.

Ask Dr. Shane about this count. Granted, the species was aspergillus, but Dr. Shane’s response to a 4,000 CFU count was eye opening.

Like, try 4,000,000 CFUs

The 4,000 cfu count is for Stachy chartarum. Not good… Would you agree?

Does it matter what species of mold is present?

Also, was this count derived via air sample or swab?

Is there ANY third party source to verify that ozone works for
mold remediation? Hmmm.

Dan Friedman at inspectny is a pretty thorough researcher. Here’s what he says:

http://www.inspect-ny.com/sickhouse/OzoneToxicity.htm

Yes! By all means it depends on what mold is present. Again this was after there eradication when there should be no viable mold according to there sales pitch. The samples I took were viable and non-viable swabs and tape lifts and both viable and non-viable air samples.

The results speak for themselves. If you want to believe that this system works, fine! Feel free to recommend this service to all of your clients. I on the other hand have dealt with this on several occasions and never seen it work. I am trying to give a heads up to any members not familiar with this system.

The tenants of the building have also been having there own IH do his own investigation and he also has come to the same conclusion.

Believe what you will, but be forewarned.

Had the same experience. Yes, it was the same company. If the mold is not cleaned up, my Industrial Hygienist will not give me the clear.
It might best be used in a few cases, I have ran across, where the visible mold can not be found by anybody. But just ozoning alone will not work if cleaning is not done afterwards.

With regards to ozone if you use it someones home, what are you using to measure the ozone afterwards to ensure it doesn’t exceed the PEL or some other threshold?