new Virginia Mold laws

The state of Virginia will be licensing mold inspector and remediators beginning July 1, 2011.
State law will now require a state license to perform mold inspections and-or remediation.
The following link is the state’s guide lines or requirements: http://www.dpor.virginia.gov/dporweb/mold_regs.pdf
In the document it has provisions for current mold inspectors, etc who are affiliated with a national organization to be licensed without having to take the courses and exams over again (grandfathering).
I am a member of both InterNACHI and the IAC2.
I was hoping someone at InterNACHI or IAC2 could look into having IAC2 listed as a recognized organization with the state of Virginia (Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation).
Thanks in advance, I know many Virginia members of InterNACHI and IAC2 will benefit from any thing you can do for us.

thanks for the heads up, I had no idea

We submitted our mold courses to them.

Do you have any idea when the State will get back to you on the mold course you offer?

I went to the meeting at DPOR today regarding this new law. I have been doing mold surveys and sampling for over 10 years and I am board certified. Today I learned I have to take a 3 day, 24 hour course to be licensed in Virginia. They really have no idea what they are doing and all of us are amazed that the commonwealth is not allowing grandfathering.

Any news yet on this Nick ?

Jim

Jim, the InterNachi courses will not get it done. You must take the training in the classroom as there is a hands on demonstration with the testing equipment.

We applied for approval of our classroom course. I predict that InterNACHI’s approval will be awarded.

That would be fantastic, please keep us advised.

Jim

Any word on your classes being certified in VA?

Nick, is this what the future holds for us: The 3 day, 24 hour course to be licensed in Virginia. Michael and I will be attending one of the courses in 2012, if nothing changes. Nick, we thank you for everything; you and InterNACHI have been a blessing for our family. My husband, lives and breathes Home Inspection, and respects each member of InterNACHI. I do not post on a regular basis, but I am InterNACHI - through and through - just as well.

I am taking the course this week. It looks like the licensing requirement may be a thing of the past in the near future. The program is not on the budget, and according to the school that I am currently taking the class from it will go away.

Troy that is what I was told also last week from a few buddies there.

Jim

Still getting a lot out of the training, so it was worth it, I think. Had to pay for the course and turn down three jobs.