To test or not to test?

Background: addition being done to house, roof not complete and rain comes in the house. Contractor doesn’t really do much to clean up the water. While working for a restoration company I was at the house looking for water damage. No signs of mould at the time, but there were water stains on the plywood.

I’m now laid off from the restoration company and have recently started doing mould inspections. I just happened to run into the home owner while picking my son up at school. She is now involved in legal action against the contractor and wants to get air/surface sampling done.

Should I do the sampling? Or should I stay away because there is legal action involved and possible conflict of interest because I was already in the house looking for water damage?
I defer to your experience. :slight_smile:

Stay away.

I agree with Bob. Stay away. Some sharp attorney could find a way to use the “prior knowledge” against you. You may be thinking, “I don’t have a dog in this race”. You do… your reputation.

I recommend you inspect them, though. :twisted:

Bob… no comment.

Steve… I suppose you are already involved and could be subpoenaed to testify. What does your gut tell you to do?

Sorry,mixed this with another thread.

Yeah, I figured this is one I probably don’t want to get more involved in. Thanks!