InterNACHI's Commercial SOP reviewed by engineering firm & professional proof reader.

New revision at http://www.nachi.org/comsop.htm

Thanks Nick:

My **bold **shows my suggestions to the electrical section:

6.5.7 ElectricalI. The inspector shall inspect:[INDENT]A. The service drop or lateral.
B. The meter socket enclosures.
C. The service main disconnecting means.
D. The size of the service.
E. Panelboards, and overcurrent devices.
F. The grounding electrode system and bonding.
H. A representative number of switches, receptacles, lighting fixtures, and AFCI devices.
I. A representative sample of GFCI **devices or **GFCI circuit breakers observed and deemed to be GFCI’s during the inspection.
I. Report the presence of aluminum branch circuit wiring if readily visible.
J. **Report **on any GFCI-tested devices in which power was not present, polarity is incorrect, the receptacle is not grounded or, is not secured to the wall, the cover is not in place, the ground fault circuit interrupter devices are not installed properly, or do not operate properly, or any signs of arcing or excessive heat.
K. The service entrance conductors and the condition of the conductor insulation.
L. The ground fault circuit interrupters observed and deemed to be GFCI’s during the inspection with a GFCI tester.
M. **Report **the absence of smoke detectors.
N. Service entrance cables and report when they need to be repaired, noting the deficiencies in the integrity of the insulation, drip loop, or separation of conductors at weatherheads and clearances from grade or rooftops.

II. The inspector is not required to:A. Insert any tool, probe or device into the main panelboard, sub-panels, distribution panelboards, or electrical fixtures.
B. Operate electrical systems that are shut down.
C. Remove panelboard **cabinet **covers if **they are not **readily accessible.
D. Operate overcurrent protective devices.
E. Operate non-accessible smoke detectors.
F. Measure or determine the amperage, or voltage of the main service **equipment **if not visibly labeled.
G. Inspect the fire or other alarm system and components.
H. Inspect the ancillary wiring or remote control devices.
I. Activate any electrical systems or branch circuits which are not energized.
J. Operate or reset overload devices.
K. Inspect low voltage systems, electrical de-icing tapes, swimming pool wiring or any time-controlled devices.
L. Verify the continuity of the connected service ground. ?
M. Inspect private or emergency electrical supply sources, including but not limited to generators, windmills, photovoltaic solar collectors, or battery or electrical storage facility.
N. Inspect spark or lightning arrestors.
O. Conduct voltage drop calculations.
P. Determine the accuracy of breaker labeling. ?
I. Inspect tenant owned equipment.

?WHY?

PS: Lots more needed here.

[/INDENT] JT former NEC Staff Liaison and proofreader of the NEC…