Site Check Solutions

Anyone heard of them?
I got a call from them today wanting me to inspect an American Legion building. Inspect the site, report on any “liabilities”, take photo’s and upload a report.

All for a whopping, hold on now… $30.00

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f2/site-check-solutions-46569/

I have completed many jobs for SiteCheck Solutions. Great coordinators, decent work, but grossly underpaying. I stopped working for them after breaking it down to time and effort in completing each job. It works out to less than minimum wage. (That’s factoring in time to contact the insured, traveling to and from each job, current cost of gas, then filling out their lengthy online survey and uploading all your photos)

Nice folks, they just don’t pay enough to make it worthwhile.

Yes, I’ve done work for Site Check. They are fairly easy to work with, and they send their payments out on time when they say they will. However, I too stopped working with them because of the extremely low rate. I had some discussions with them, described how my actual costs are more than they pay, how other comparable companies pay $50-$100 for even the most minimal service. But they would not budge, other than adding on maybe $10 or $15 for a “rush order” or for very long mileage. So I had to decline any further projects for them. Hopefully they will wake up and figure the actual costs of doing this type of inspections.

Another one to watch out for is Pacific Inspections Inc. ( what they pay is a joke) They called me to do an insurance inspection. I asked what they pay for an inspection, they said it varied with each inspection depending on how many buildings, type of building and the square footage. The only information they had from the insurance company for this inspection was the address, it had two buildings, name of contact person and email address for her. Requirements for the inspection: Interview owner or manager, measure buildings, calculate sq ft, draw a layout of the property and buildings, take pictures of buildings and systems, note if building & systems has been maintained ie: electrical panels, security system, fire system, and if it has a kitchen check all the equipment, ect and note with pictures any damage to the interior/exterior of the building, check every room for damage. Did the inspection, one story 53,000 + sq ft hospital and 3,000 sq ft maintenance building. Four + hours doing the inspection, two hours for the report about two hours on the phone with Pacific Inspections and the client. They paid “great big bucks” $20.00 for every thing. After I received the check, I called an talked to several of their personal and let them know this was a joke. The office manager said she would get back with me, I’m still waiting for her to call back, it has been several weeks. I would hate to see what they pay for a smaller building.

Gary OUCH!. I always verify payment and have a credit card before I go do any inspection for insurance companies. If these requirements are not met, I do not go!

We are underpaid already and I am not subsidizing insurance companies or banks!

Does anyone know of any companies similar to Sitecheck Solutions?

Why? They all suck.

[QUOTE=grusk;779784 53,000 + sq ft hospital and 3,000 sq ft maintenance building. Four + hours doing the inspection, two hours for the report about two hours on the phone with Pacific Inspections and the client. They paid “great big bucks” $20.00 for every thing…[/QUOTE]

Man, they sure saw you coming!

Lance Black is the owner. The company is based out of Salt Lake, UTah. The recently merged operations with Lease Inspections. Danielle Ballentine is the Operations Manager, but she offices on the East Coast (Maine).

The company appears to have a serious cash flow issue. At first, they paid consultant by the week, then the changed to pay every two weeks and then, without notice, decided to start paying every month, by the 20th of the month, for work done the previous month, but that has not worked out very well.

Not everyone got checks in December and now, in January 2012, they have again delayed sending out checks. When i inquired about my check, that was due to me by January 20 or shortly there after, I got this response from the Executive Vice president of Operations, Danille Ballentine-

"Hi Steve,

I can’t call you back at the moment because I am on another call. However, I was told by payroll that your check was mailed out yesterday, so you should be receiving it either Wednesday or Thursday. I know it is not convenient – there was recently an issue with my own check, and I understand how frustrating it can be! – but it has been sent out to you. We apologize for the delay.

Thanks,

Danielle"

============================================

Have a ton of patience, because they pay very little, and sporadically and they are very demanding. . . .

Worthless . . .this company can’t pay on time and pays beans. . . .The CEO, Lance Black will not return calls or emails and they have a serious cash flow issue.

Looking for my check in Janaury 2012 I got this email response from the Company VP of Operations:

Steve:

I know it is not convenient – there was recently an issue with my own check, and I understand how frustrating it can be! – but it has been sent out to you. We apologize for the delay.

Thanks,

**Danielle M Balentine **
**Vice President of Operations **
SiteCheck Solutions & LeaseInspection.com
dbalentine@sitecheck.com

Lance Black
CE0
Sitecheck Solutions
801,769. 9497
lblack@sitecheck.com

That is sad, Lease Inspection always paid a pretty good fee.

I received an inquiry today (9-11-12) from SCS out of Salt Lake doing insurance inspections.
I informed there representative Desiree LLoyd that their payment structure was not even in the ball park in my pricing structure. The quoted payment immediaatly went up to $75.
In all fairness I am awaiting their e-mail and will review the job description.
This inquiry is similar to the mortgage repossesion market which looks for inspectors to install new locks on bank owned properties and create remodeling estimates.
In that this was not an inquiry from the insurer that carries the policy on the property I am wary of middlemen services about as much as I am dependent on agents to provide me with honest inspection jobs.

Beware… you will never get more than $60 unless they are desperate for someone in your area. As soon as they find someone cheaper, you will never hear from them again! They claim to only get paid $90 from their clients, so there isn’t extra to pay you. They survive by hiring desperate and starving inspectors, realtors, appraisers, inspectors wives, etc… Don’t believe me? Ask them!

Did I mention it takes 30-45-60 days to get paid, depending what day of the month your report gets QC’d?