Bathroom code

I am a renter, and the house i am renting has no bathroom fan, and the window is screwed shut. is it code that there has to be a way to vent the bathroom?

The landlord must be paying for the heating…

Yes. Bathrooms without a mechanical exhaust fan terminating at exterior are required to have a window that opens.

International Residential Code:

R303.3 Bathrooms. Bathrooms, water closet compartments and other similar rooms shall be provided with aggregate glazing area in windows of not less than 3 square feet (0.3 m2), one-half of which must be openable.

Exception: The glazed areas shall not be required where artificial light and a mechanical ventilation system are provided. The minimum ventilation rates shall be 50 cubic feet per minute (24 L/s) for intermittent ventilation or 20 cubic feet per minute (10 L/s) for continuous ventilation. Ventilation air from the space shall be exhausted directly to the outside

so even if it is an only house that we are renting, they need to fix the issue?

It depends on what your state statues say. Keep in mind, the landlord associations have lobbyist that write the landlord tentant rules. Most legislatures do not write their own bills they push. Usually always groups that are highly funded run the show. My state of Missouri is a good example.

Instead of this forum ,though us NACHI members mean well, you should be calling your local government.
In Chicago we have all sorts of tenant rights organizations.

Thanks dudes