Pet Odor Inspection Service

How many times have You or inspected or heard stories from other Inspectors about a home that smelled like a cat litter box or the garage looked and smelled like a poorly run animal shelter.

Most Home Inspectors or Realtor’s don’t really understand the best way to deal with this situation. So let me just tell you about our services and then you can take it from there.

We are a Pet Odor Removal Service we provide Inspections for that have concerns about buying a home they suspect has Pet Urine Odor Damage usually from Cats or Dogs! We do not go outside the scope of Odor Related Damages!

Initial Walk Thru: Before we enter the property we are looking for signs of to see if we can detect pet odor outside the dwelling. We check to see if the doors, windows and garage are open or closed during the time of our inspection and usually ask that the home remain closed until we get there.

During the walk thru we conduct a smell test for urine odor level in each room but also for the smell of carpet cleaning products, deodorizers, new carpet, paint, fresh baked cookies or popcorn Realtor’s brag about using to hide pet urine! Visually we are looking for urine stains or moisture damage on carpet, baseboard & drywall.

U.V. Black Light Inspection: If the inspection is being done during the day…We Blackout all the windows in the home to create a dark room affect. Large Homes with 20 ft. ceilings & skylights are always done after sunset.

With a 365nm 4’ dual florescent Black light we are able to see stains that are invisible under normal light. We inspect the flooring and walls for urine stains and mark them with colored tape so we have place of reference for measuring.

Moisture Detection: We check all areas where physical urine damage is present and any area the appeared to show heavy contamination or cleaning activity under the black light. If we have permission to disengage the carpet to inspect the backing or sub-floor & tack strips we will.
Forensic Inspection**: When a home has new carpet, flooring and paint and the Buyer realizes the odor problem after closing escrow? Depending on the client and the severity of the odor we usually have to remove the new carpet and laminate flooring.

We carry different U.V. lights that enable us to see hidden urine stains under the fresh coat of paint which help us find mistakes or cover-ups made by Contractors, Home & Home Flippers.

Estimate & Report: We give our Clients an Itemized Estimate similar to what they would get from an Insurance adjuster "Stick by Stick"and a Summary Report of the damages we found and our recommendations to remove the Urine odor 100%.

Pet Odor Removal Service: We’re more or less a Structural Odor Remediation Service we don’t rely on deodorizing cleaning products to get rid of urine odor. Our process is Odor Encapsulation usually after removing the carpet, baseboards and drywall as needed we make sure the structure is Dry then we prep, sand or grind the sub-floor or concrete.

Next we apply Our Proprietary Odor Encapsulation System and in 24 hours the Odor is GONE…No smelly perfumes or deodorizers just a house that smells like new construction!

Feel free to save this link and pass this on to any of your clients that may have concerns of Pet Odor…www.PetOdorRemovalService.com

Or Call Us 877-386-3677

Interesting, but spam none the less.

Interesting, but a “member” (not moderated) none-the-less.

Found a way to slip through the cracks.

At least they were honest about who they are with their post above, unlike, as you know, certain scumbag vendors attempts to ‘blend in as legitimate members’ under the “vendor clause”.

(Even though a “Student”, they were still required to “pay to play”, were they not)?

What doesn’t line up (outside of the obvious spam) is they show a sealer on a garage concrete floor.

Pet oder problems are usually because it soaks into a wood floor and/or drywall.

And (at least around me) most/all 1940’s (and older) homes don’t have a subfloor. It’s straight hardwood.

My first house looked like a horse had urinated all over the wood floor in the master bedroom. My wife cleaned with bleach. Then we put laminate flooring over it. No smell.

Yes, that’s the way I understand it. Event to be a “student member” one must pay at least $49 (monthly).

On a side note I thought the requirements to become a “Certified Professional Inspector” had been beefed-up a little. Apparently I was wrong. There’s still very minimal requirements to become a CPI.

Three easy steps and one can become a CPI in an afternoon.

To become a certified home inspector, you must:

• Join InterNACHI (see above);
  • Pass InterNACHI’s Online Inspector Examination (free and open to everyone now; free to re-take; 1 hour);
  • Complete InterNACHI’s online Code of Ethics Course (free to take after joining; take at your own pace; 1 hour); and
  • Complete InterNACHI’s online Residential Standards of Practice Course (free to take after joining; take at your own pace; 3 hours).

If you have never performed any fee-paid inspections, you must:

• Submit four mock inspection reports to InterNACHI’s Report Review Committee (free service).

So,Jody paid $49 to spam the board?

To be fair, it’s no different than the tests it takes to get out of the ASHI school and become an ASHI associate. Both sets of tests ask the same questions.

Interesting service! Something to remember, many of the pet odors that are encountered can be more and less prominent during an HI, one of the reasons such things are beyond the SOP and IAQ in general.

Having dealt with some of that as a contractor myself in years past, pet odors can be a tough problem to permanently abate. Sometimes you’re lucky and can clean/seal, other times it’s remove a bunch of stuff.

Jody, since you’re posting here and looking for traffic/referrals from us… what are your qualifications to perform such services? I noticed you’re removing construction materials and making repairs, so I’m assuming your company is a licensed contractor, is there an industrial hygienist or IAQ certified person or ?

Interesting niche you have, please post and tell us more about your offerings and qualifications. Thanks!

I have dealt with this on a couple of properties.

Removing all carpet and sometimes baseboard, cleaning subfloor, applying KOE and then sealing the floor with Kilz original seems to do the trick.