Comments to termopictures

Good day,
I just started to use IR camera.

can you please comment my comments for client report. During home inspection, I found some cold points, air leaks etc… Basement corners - 5C (another part -17C) - is it normal? (photo below).
I suppose that there a lot of gaps in isolation. Am I right?
And another point, it was a quite new house (on a warranty), and client asked me what he need to do with this result?
Camera FLIR E5.

FLIR0009.jpg

FLIR0009.jpg

FLIR0024.jpg

FLIR0032.jpg

FLIR0007.jpg

FLIR0037.jpg

some more photos

FLIR0010.jpg

FLIR0046.jpg

FLIR0033.jpg

FLIR0040.jpg

FLIR0012.jpg

What training do you have?

Not too mach. I just started.
Building Science and Infrared Thermal Imaging
Infrared Thermography Inspection Training

Who’s training is that, and what certification did you achieve?

It’s InterNACHI

I hope to hell you didn’t charge your client for “learning” on their home. IMO, you should never have taken it out of the box outside of your home until properly trained and many hours of practical use! Now you have a situation on your hands that will take another trained Thermographer to handle. The question is: WHO is going to pay his fee?

Your going to get your self in a lot of trouble if you don’t know the answer. Your not a home inspector or a generalist with that thing in your hand. Your the one that is supposed to have the answers.

Client paid for standard home inspections. So if you don’t have nothing about my question) thanks for your time))

Alex,
That looks like conduction and air temp differential/leaks without knowing what some of the pictures are.
What the guys mean is that that is pretty basic stuff for a thermographer to understand.
It wouldn’t hurt to get some more training. Try www.infraspection.com
Good luck. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the site Larry!
I’m not going to charge somebody for it. I know that I need to learn more.

Now that everyones castrated you for asking questions, the simple answer is I don’t see much wrong except normal cold spots in areas where you would expect them. No room is perfect, especially in basements. You need to learn more about how different materials conduct temps.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachments/f58/79090d1416008252-comments-termopictures-flir0012.jpg

What???…a can of spray foam around those blinds and voilà. :shock: :mrgreen: :smiley:

Everything good up there, friend?…not too much snow yet? :slight_smile:

It looks like most of you was born witn IR camera.)

Thanks for all)
We can close topic.

Been about 5 degrees the last few mornings. A few inches of the white stuff about 5 days ago. A wee bit early to stay this cold for more than a day or two. Usually not till December.

No, just most here never considered to “whip it out” in front of a client until we knew what the heck we were doing!

We’re warmer…about 20-25 but received 2" and 5" so far.

Alex,
My recommendation is to take your camera and image anything and everything in multiple homes. You will start seeing the same areas showing up.When doing most home thermography you are looking at patterns not temperatures so get rid of the temp spot. Thermal conductivity of materials knowledge is crucial when looking at homes as they can explain what you are seeing.
Good luck and keep imaging

As Jeff said take you camera and shoot everything with in reason so as not to mess up your H.I. flow and start to develop a feel for how things look. Do homes of friends and family, pets, barns, go for a walk and look at a river all with your camera then do it some-more at a different time of day. Take more training and enjoy then take more training and enjoy it even more. This is a serious tool and should be treated as such and that is what everyone was saying. Hope you have a good weekend.