Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > Specific Inspection Topics > Thermal Imaging, Infrared Cameras & Energy Audits

Notices

Thermal Imaging, Infrared Cameras & Energy Audits Contains discussions about thermal imaging, infrared cameras, energy audits, and more.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10/2/12, 1:25 PM
Charley L. Bottger's Avatar
Charley L. Bottger Charley L. Bottger is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,157
Default Commercial roof IR

I made as much money last evening after paying my Grandson to mark the wet spots as I make all week doing home inspections and it only took two hours to scan the roof.

Gary F what is the old saying about working smarter not more. How about you working for me I will pay you a commission on every large roof scan or factory that needs the electrical panels scanned in the KC metro area.
Oh my offer holds good for Houston and Nashville

The roof I did last evening was a mess 50 years in age and no maintenance except handy man patches. I laughed so hard almost fell off the roof the sky light had been patched so many times the patch was as high as the sky light looked like one of those termite mounds over in africa
Attached Thumbnails
commercial-roof-ir-ir_5352.jpg   commercial-roof-ir-ir_5321.jpg   commercial-roof-ir-ir_5315.jpg   commercial-roof-ir-ir_5314.jpg   commercial-roof-ir-ir_5313.jpg  


Last edited by cbottger; 10/2/12 at 1:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
Need a home inspection in Alaska? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Alaska certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
  #2  
Old 10/2/12, 5:36 PM
Barry Adair's Avatar
Barry Adair Barry Adair is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 4,299
Default TEXAS Commercial roof Infrared leak detection

Charley,
good to here you're staying busy

there's nothing not too like about Texas infrared roof leak detection scans

infrared roof leak detection scans are a win-win for the clients

there are huge dollar savings for them to not have to tear off the entire roof in many instances
Attached Thumbnails
commercial-roof-ir-ir_0049c.jpg   commercial-roof-ir-ir_0048b.jpg   commercial-roof-ir-ir_0045a.jpg  



badair

ADAIR INSPECTION
972-487-5634

Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Infrared Thermography
TREC # 4563
EDI: EIFS-MA TX # 39

2008 US Member of the Year


life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes, accept the good
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10/2/12, 6:10 PM
Charley L. Bottger's Avatar
Charley L. Bottger Charley L. Bottger is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,157
Default Re: TEXAS Commercial roof Infrared leak detection

Quote:
Originally Posted by badair View Post
Charley,
good to here you're staying busy

there's nothing not too like about Texas infrared roof leak detection scans

infrared roof leak detection scans are a win-win for the clients

there are huge dollar savings for them to not have to tear off the entire roof in many instances
Yes there is enough buildings in need of thermal imaging just in the Dallas Texas/Fort Worth area to keep my full crew busy non stop.

I have just received confirmation of another building/roof scan on new construction in the Ardmore area for tomorrow I will be a rocks throw from TX wish you were with me we make a good team
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10/2/12, 6:33 PM
Barry Adair's Avatar
Barry Adair Barry Adair is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 4,299
Default Re: TEXAS Commercial roof Infrared leak detection

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbottger View Post
Yes there is enough buildings in need of thermal imaging just in the Dallas Texas/Fort Worth area to keep my full crew busy non stop.

I have just received confirmation of another building/roof scan on new construction in the Ardmore area for tomorrow I will be a rocks throw from TX wish you were with me we make a good team
it has been a while and we do need to talk

i can be there, right at supper time, if ya need an extra hand



badair

ADAIR INSPECTION
972-487-5634

Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Infrared Thermography
TREC # 4563
EDI: EIFS-MA TX # 39

2008 US Member of the Year


life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes, accept the good
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10/3/12, 11:31 AM
William T. Misegades William T. Misegades is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,225
Default Re: Commercial roof IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbottger View Post
I made as much money last evening after paying my Grandson to mark the wet spots as I make all week doing home inspections and it only took two hours to scan the roof.

Gary F what is the old saying about working smarter not more. How about you working for me I will pay you a commission on every large roof scan or factory that needs the electrical panels scanned in the KC metro area.
Oh my offer holds good for Houston and Nashville

The roof I did last evening was a mess 50 years in age and no maintenance except handy man patches. I laughed so hard almost fell off the roof the sky light had been patched so many times the patch was as high as the sky light looked like one of those termite mounds over in africa
I wouldn't mind helping and learning a few (many) things from you next time you are in Houston! I'll bring cookies too...



Where there is a Will there is a Way!

Will Misegades
TREC# 10465
RedFish Home Inspections

www.redfishinspections.com
Infraspection Institute Certified Infrared Thermographer Level I # 9631
"it's not just about how to turn on and tune the camera to make pretty colored spots!"
David A. Andersen, Woodlawn, TN
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10/3/12, 12:57 PM
Charley L. Bottger's Avatar
Charley L. Bottger Charley L. Bottger is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,157
Default Re: Commercial roof IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmisegades View Post
I wouldn't mind helping and learning a few (many) things from you next time you are in Houston! I'll bring cookies too...
Find a 100+K roof to scan in Houston I will pay you a finders fee and you can tag along for free no cookies required and I will be there early One hour to departure time Ardmore here I come.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10/9/12, 12:46 PM
Jason Kaylor Jason Kaylor is offline
InterNACHI Vendor
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 1,189
Send a message via Yahoo to jkaylor
Default Re: Commercial roof IR

You push that 320x240 to perfection Charley. Really nice images.

JJ
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10/9/12, 10:36 PM
Charley L. Bottger's Avatar
Charley L. Bottger Charley L. Bottger is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,157
Default Re: Commercial roof IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaylor View Post
You push that 320x240 to perfection Charley. Really nice images.

JJ
Thanks I am as we speak in Los Vegas having fun going to fly into the Big
canyon on Thur have a cessna hired if it don't storm ,rain predicated
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10/10/12, 10:01 AM
David A. Andersen's Avatar
David A. Andersen David A. Andersen is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Woodlawn, TN
Posts: 7,670
Default Re: Commercial roof IR

Who told you you could take a vacation?!!!

Can't ride a mule into the canyon any more so now you have to fly?!



"working together to get-IR-done" Chris Walsh
Bracebridge, Ontario:


David A. Andersen & Associates
Clarksville - Nashville Home Inspector Lic#40
http://www.midtninspections.com
ITC Level III Thermographer Cert#1958
Building Science Thermographer Cert#33784
http://www.thermalimagingscan.com
HVAC Certification EPA Cert#2046620
BPI# 5015804
Link to my Website at: http://www.midtninspections.com/link-submission
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10/10/12, 12:08 PM
Jason Kaylor Jason Kaylor is offline
InterNACHI Vendor
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 1,189
Send a message via Yahoo to jkaylor
Default Re: Commercial roof IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandersen View Post
Who told you you could take a vacation?!!!

Can't ride a mule into the canyon any more so now you have to fly?!
Yeah, but the glass sky walk is cool.

JJ
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10/10/12, 2:47 PM
Jeffrey R. Wicklander's Avatar
Jeffrey R. Wicklander Jeffrey R. Wicklander is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lake Forest, Il
Posts: 1,714
Default Re: Commercial roof IR

Charley...

How long after sundown did you take your pics?

Jeff



Jeff Wicklander
Corwick Home Services

Join my business on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10/10/12, 3:15 PM
Al Proof Al Proof is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3
Please Note: Al Proof is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.
Default Re: Commercial roof IR

Infrared roof scans are not in high demand, or maybe building owners just don't know the benefits of having one. A company I used to work for would do scans for a small price or i some cases free of charge (for its clients). I didn't realize the payoff was so much.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10/10/12, 4:14 PM
David A. Andersen's Avatar
David A. Andersen David A. Andersen is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Woodlawn, TN
Posts: 7,670
Default Re: Commercial roof IR

It is not about the time of sundown, but the window of opportunity based upon the weather conditions at the time of your inspection...



"working together to get-IR-done" Chris Walsh
Bracebridge, Ontario:


David A. Andersen & Associates
Clarksville - Nashville Home Inspector Lic#40
http://www.midtninspections.com
ITC Level III Thermographer Cert#1958
Building Science Thermographer Cert#33784
http://www.thermalimagingscan.com
HVAC Certification EPA Cert#2046620
BPI# 5015804
Link to my Website at: http://www.midtninspections.com/link-submission
Reply With Quote
Need a home inspection in Alaska? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Alaska certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
  #14  
Old 10/10/12, 9:03 PM
Charley L. Bottger's Avatar
Charley L. Bottger Charley L. Bottger is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,157
Default Re: Commercial roof IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandersen View Post
Who told you you could take a vacation?!!!

Can't ride a mule into the canyon any more so now you have to fly?!
It's quicker got work waiting
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10/10/12, 9:11 PM
Charley L. Bottger's Avatar
Charley L. Bottger Charley L. Bottger is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,157
Default Re: Commercial roof IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwicklander View Post
Charley...

How long after sundown did you take your pics?

Jeff
I actually started the scan just prior to sunset but it was cloudy no sun and I was up on the roof just looking around and discovered the conditions were just perfect so I started scanning in earnest took about 2 hours for 20,000 SQ FT lot of problems It was completely dark when I took the images I posted
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flat roof section wind mit wcampbell2 Florida Inspectors 62 4/25/11 10:07 PM
A little on the Commercial side of things. mcyr General Inspection Discussion 457 8/1/09 10:50 AM
Snow Roof Damage Inspectors in Coeur d’Alene, ID 83815 rspriggs Ancillary Inspection Services & Additional Topics 0 1/9/09 3:23 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 2:23 AM.
no new posts