Does this look normal?

I took the images at a particular L@WES and they are very different than any of the other L@WES stores.

I plan on acquiring some additional training on commercial block wall inspections because I’m running across some interesting stuff.

There’s 5 images in this post an 5 in the next. Any input would be appreciated.

IR000326.JPG

IR000326.JPG

IR000323.JPG

IR000325.JPG

IR000320.JPG

IR000327.JPG

The other 5 images

IR000334.JPG

IR000329.JPG

IR000328.JPG

IR000332.JPG

IR000331.JPG

Don’t everybody answer at once!

Put on your thinking cap and think about it.

It’s a block wall…
You come up with something and I’ll steer you in the right direction.

BTW: I don’t like your new camera! What is it?

I realize that block walls have cores that have to be filled with cement but usually I see uniform patterns. I’ve scanned every L@WES store within 45 miles of me and none of them look like this one. This may be the most non-uniform block wall building I’ve run across.

I know building codes change from area to area requiring more or less core to be filled per linear foot but I’m not sure about any requirements pertaining to uniformity.

Without knowing the building codes, I can’t really make a confident decision on stating whether the walls have defects or not.

In my opinion, it doesn’t look good, so it must be bad :mrgreen:.

I can’t believe your talkin smack about my camera! Your biting off way more than you can chew! My camera will rock your world!

I can’t divulge the specifics of my equipment due to national security but trust me, you don’t want to go up against it, especially with that little rookie camera your working with. It’s taken NASA nearly 2 years to finally design a camera able to meet my demands. I can see a mosquito fart from across a football field!

I guess your scanning from a mile away!

From the looks of these scans, that would have been my guess (though I know it is not the case).
It gave me a headache just looking at those few you posted.

If it’s that great, I guess you had better learn to focus that thing…

It isn’t that great if you can see the mortar joints in a block wall.

I have seen the best of the best and what your producing stinks for a 640 x 480 camara.

I guess it just goes to show that the camera doesn’t make the thermographer…

Maybe it’s the JPG conversion. Even your digital fusion is out of focus.

Look, I understand that folks naturally fear that which they cannot understand. Well I’m here to tell you that you need not fear me or my images but instead learn from me.

I come in peace as a fellow InterNachi brother but I’m willing to take you under my wing like a son and teach you how to capture such amazing images

I didn’t get to this level overnight. If your willing to be mentored, willing to listen, and willing to put out the hard work, than I’m willing to give you the opportunity to learn from one of the best in the industry(myself). I honestly believe that within 2-3 years of working with you, I could have you taking images of nearly the same quality.

Here are just a few of the type images you will someday be capturing. Let these be your inspiration!

Look at the reflection in the eye glasses lens to see me.

IR000282 - Copy.JPG

IR000088.JPG

IR000318.JPG

IR000519.JPG

IR000287.JPG

Looks like we have another Meeker here. Yawn.

That globe you have on your website is pretty cool! I gotta get one on my site. An Infrared globe would be nice!

David -

Is that the new Flir I5 they advertise.

Sorry I can’t help you Brandon I don’t do thermal imaging maybe someone will post something with an answer or a suggestion for you

I like the last one! “Thermographer in the Glasses”.

I’m still yet to be impressed sir!
I am still not sure if they are your scans either…

No it wasn’t “over night”, it was a 2 day course from Master McKenna…

Why do you ask about these Home Depot scans when you have the same thing advertised on your web site?

Because you didn’t take them either?

All of the images I’ve posted on here are definitely my images.

I can’t take credit for the 3 building block wall images on my www.UtahInfraredInspection.com site. I used those images because I know exactly what’s wrong with them. They will soon be replaced as I learn more about the many I have.

Here’s a few more images in question that I took with my FLIR.

I’m hoping I can find someone at this next weeks IR/INFO Conference to sit down with me and explain some different possibilities.

IR_0053 (2).jpg

IR_0055 (2).jpg

IR_0553.jpg

IR_0545.jpg

I believe your correct. The images do look better on the actual camera. I’m losing the quality when the pictures are being expanded/increased.

I’m still trying to figure out a solution to show the images on a big screen TV or atleast a 22" monitor during real estate agent presentations.

Anybody know of a way to increase the size of a thermal image while keeping the same quality?

if you were still using a Flir, when you open the scan to edit it in your reporting software it will save the image at a higher pixel count.

You need a program that will expand the actual pixel count and average the readings to the adjacent original pixels. Just expanding the size of the scan is the same as “digital zoom”. It expands the size of the pixels without adding any, causing pixelization that you see.